What's new

Black Magic Bay Rum

Anyone ever tried it ? I got the chance to splash on a tiny sample of it today and to be honest , I have been sick all day. I felt like I was gonna throw up after about 20 minutes and then about 2 hours later I actually did !! I guess it just doesn't agree with me.

I know I couldnt believe it at first but that was the only thing it could have been. I have never had that happen to me before... I mean it had an okay smell to it.. not my favorite bay rum but I figured well at least this way I could see if I liked it better on skin. I am telling you now, I don't !!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I bought a bottle a while back. Being a Bay Rum fan plus...it was so inexpensive, I couldn't resist. It's not worth the bottle they put it in...in my opinion, YMMV. It didn't even have the slightest hint of a Bay Rum scent. To my nose it smelled like a mix between a hair pomade and a cheap barbershop splash. Harsh on my mellow. Sorry to hear that you became physically ill.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I bought a bottle a while back. Being a Bay Rum fan plus...it was so inexpensive, I couldn't resist. It's not worth the bottle they put it in...in my opinion, YMMV. It didn't even have the slightest hint of a Bay Rum scent. To my nose it smelled like a mix between a hair pomade and a cheap barbershop splash. Harsh on my mellow. Sorry to hear that you became physically ill.
These are the times I wish I'd went to law skool and finished last in my class....

Thanks. I took a cool shower and used Cremo Fresh Citrus shampoo and the matching body wash and was able to get the after shave off and get rid of the smell of it too.. I'm slowly starting to feel.better. I am still having bouts of feeling sick but haven't actually gotten sick again yet..

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I'd be remiss in a thread like this one not to mention a good Bay Rum or three. Barrister and Mann make a very good Bay Rum. WSP and Captain's Choice are also good. Stirling is good. One of my favorites is Bootlegger's, but that's a mix of three inexpensive Bay Rums that make a much better Bay Rum when thrown together. I suppose I should say, don't be afraid of Bay Rum or judge it based on your Black Magic experience. Black Magic and actual good Bay Rum have absolutely nothing in common.

And I hope this garners some laughs, but it's true.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I'd be remiss in a thread like this one not to mention a good Bay Rum or three. Barrister and Mann make a very good Bay Rum. WSP and Captain's Choice are also good. Stirling is good. One of my favorites is Bootlegger's, but that's a mix of three inexpensive Bay Rums that make a much better Bay Rum when thrown together. I suppose I should say, don't be afraid of Bay Rum or judge it based on your Black Magic experience. Black Magic and actual good Bay Rum have absolutely nothing in common.

And I hope this garners some laughs, but it's true.

What about Voodoo? :)

I've tried plenty of aftershaves that I had to scrub my face with a pine tar soap, or shower to get rid of the scent. A good bay run scent, like Captains Choice or Ogallala should fade within 30-60 minutes. Thanks for the warning on this one.

tenor(1).gif

tenor(2).gif

Top Bottom