What's new

Black Handled Super Speed Disassembly

Well done Cap! If you remember- you honed your technique on Black Tip Super Speed disassembly a while back using a razor that I sent you. We now know that the TTO knob was made of Bakelite with what appears to be asbestos as a fill material. This certainly would aid in the knob's ability to withstand a broad temperature range. You are indeed the master craftsman. The box I am sending will be packed tomorrow my friend. Perhaps you can do an early Super Speed disassembly video showing how you properly address the cross-shaped screw head which holds the TTO knob in place. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown
Black Tip Super Speed with Broken Knob Note Filler Material  indicating Bakelite.JPG

I got the clip out and was able to adjust the end caps. The doors open and close like they are supposed to now. Gave it a good clean/polish and it looks brand new. Thanks for the help! It definitely has the Z3 date stamp.

Last edited:
@Captain Murphy my blue tip, red tip, and flair tip SS's all make frequent appearances in my razor rotation, all thanks to you helping to get their insides back to almost-new a couple years back. I plan to have the red tip (along with my Fat Boy and Slim) re-plated at some point to ensure I can pass them down. Wonderful man, wonderful work, thank you again!

Top Bottom