What's new

Bizarre sense of manhood from personal grooming

I can definitely understand the age thing. I have two male friends that gain/lose 10+ years depending on whether they are fresh shaved or not. In Canada its not at all uncommon for some guys to grow a beard for the fall/winter and shave it off for spring/summer. And like Alaska, when you are farther north in Canada, beards are generally the norm. Generally just more face protection with the cold.

I could never quite understand some women's strong preference (or disdain) for a particular look. I always liked any variation: clean shaven, two day stubble, five day brushy hobo look, beard of any size/style, mustache, etc. I always thought of it as a guy's version of changing hairstyles.

I grow a beard or shave daily at my pleasure...why? Because I can...and I am bigger than you. I can do what I damn well like. Want to fight about? :lol:

What's with this whole beard thing? I mean, some guys definitely pull it off, but why are so many 'beard guys' so strangely proud of their grooming habits? They seem to think the act of not shaving turns you into a war hero. I don't get it. A lot of these dudes also seem to be utterly convinced that everyone is jealous of their face fur. But hey, listen Merlin, not everyone wants to look like they got trapped inside Jumanji for thirty years.

I think it is just them acting out in a silly way. It's similar to how some guys place a motorcycle, truck, sports car up on a pedestal and declare that anyone not validating their choice of vehicle has something wrong with them (dumb, girlie, etc).

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
There are few things in this world I will care less about than what some twenty-something beard stroker thinks about my face or my manhood.

$eb78e330-b48d-0132-9a5a-0e01949ad350.jpg

Top Bottom