What's new

Bit of help please?

Hi everyone,

This may only take a few posts but just want to see if this is a good buy. In another forum, a guy was selling all his straight razors and I got this for $40 shipped. Its a CV Heljestrand Leduc...if you could please give more info. I believe it's 5/8.

20201103_221444.jpg

Is that water on the blade?

If the steel is good, I'd say that's definitely a good buy.

Even with a bit of corrosion it would still be a good buy for $40 - provided none of the corrosion is near the edge.

Is that water on the blade?

If the steel is good, I'd say that's definitely a good buy.

Even with a bit of corrosion it would still be a good buy for $40 - provided none of the corrosion is near the edge.
Just oil, he stropped and oiled before delivery.

Last edited:

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Maybe it's just me, maybe it's just oil, but that razor looks like it has been used to cut concrete. However that is a great brand, good steel, and you still got a lot of it there.

Maybe it's just me, maybe it's just oil, but that razor looks like it has been used to cut concrete. However that is a great brand, good steel, and you still got a lot of it there.
Its just a bad photo. Ill add another tomorrow and wipe the oil off first.

In the early 1920's the Heljestrand company was close to bankruptcy. The competition was fierce and Heljestrand only had two competitive models; the 4/8 No.24 and the full hollow version of it sol as No.2.

At the time Heljestrand was contacted by the Swedish/French Paris based entrepreneur Magnus Kindal. He suggested a partnership where he would supply international contacts and new razor models. Heljestrand accepted. The new models where inspired by the French tradition and had royal sounding names like Le Duc (The Duke), Le Prince or Royal Kindal. The new models weren't a major success and Heljestrand came in a really critical situation that ended with Magnus Kindal buying the company in 1925. This coincided with that the large steel goods company Jernbolaget decided to stop producing straight razors. Magnus Kindal took over their craftsmen and their luxury razor models. The razor designs were slightly altered and got the names Heljestrand M.K. (stands for Magnus Kindal), three royal crowns (Sweden's three crown stands for the union of three Viking kingdoms in the early middle ages) and No.29, No.30, No.31, No.32 and later No.33. A Swedish export success was born.

Your very fine Le Duc is made during the 1920's as a result of the initial partnership between Kindal and the Heljestrand family.

I hope this was of some help.

Top Bottom