What's new

Bit by my own Kinfolks!

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
YW Jon. If the razor is sharp, the lather slick, the angle low, and the stretch good, you almost cannot cut yourself.

YW Jon. If the razor is sharp, the lather slick, the angle low, and the stretch good, you almost cannot cut yourself.

Hold my beer...

Steve, because it may be a Iocal thing, I should point out that around here "hold my beer" is jokingly a preface to a profoundly stupid act. You know, like "I'll bet you can't shave with this %*\""\"+. Oh yeah, hold my beer! If you knew that, I'm sorry but I have found one needs to take into account the vagaries of internet communication. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Post-op.

20200114_231254.jpg

That'll work!
I think the slices will subside.
Arcing swipes cause the odd slice if there's any sign of what you just removed. It can be subtle and still reek havoc.
Let us know how it goes on the next round out.

Bravery and determination carry the day!

Shortly after the clock struck six this evening, I set out up the stairs, Blue Steel in hand. Accompanying me was my trusted friend Joe Rodgers, late of No 6 Norfolk Street, acting as my third.

In anticipation of a fierce battle, I warmed up on that pansy, sandalwood smelling Taylor (of Old Bond St.). Well, that poor sot never stood a chance. I whipped him quickly and strenuously, until he had worked up such a lather I was compelled to show mercy.

Then, with Joe ready to step in at the first sign of any shenanigans, I turned my attention to Blue. I can only posit that the witnessing of my thrashing of Taylor (along with the trauma of having his most potent weapon, the point, previously neutered) had a profound impact on him. You see, he was unable to muster even the slightest resistance to the events that followed. Some 10 minutes after I finished off Taylor, I wiped off Blue with a soft cloth and hung his *** on a hook, roundly defeated.

Bravery and determination carry the day!

Shortly after the clock struck six this evening, I set out up the stairs, Blue Steel in hand. Accompanying me was my trusted friend Joe Rodgers, late of No 6 Norfolk Street, acting as my third.

In anticipation of a fierce battle, I warmed up on that pansy, sandalwood smelling Taylor (of Old Bond St.). Well, that poor sot never stood a chance. I whipped him quickly and strenuously, until he had worked up such a lather I was compelled to show mercy.

Then, with Joe ready to step in at the first sign of any shenanigans, I turned my attention to Blue. I can only posit that the witnessing of my thrashing of Taylor (along with the trauma of having his most potent weapon, the point, previously neutered) had a profound impact on him. You see, he was unable to muster even the slightest resistance to the events that followed. Some 10 minutes after I finished off Taylor, I wiped off Blue with a soft cloth and hung his *** on a hook, roundly defeated.

That'll teach him!
Glad you conquered.

I'm glad these guys got you sorted. I thought I would just add a quick 2¢ and say hang onto that Blue Steel razor. It is specifically mentioned as a very good razor with quite hard steel in one of the old barbers manuals I read some time ago. I thought it sounded familiar so I checked my notes, and yup, it was in there. They also noted that very hard tempered razors can be a challenge for some to sharpen. :)

Here's the full list:

Blue Steel
Our Own
Lucifer
Congress
Turkish
Swedish
Ruby
Peerless
Snake
St. Bernard
Nancy Hanks 2.04

I'm glad these guys got you sorted. I thought I would just add a quick 2¢ and say hang onto that Blue Steel razor. It is specifically mentioned as a very good razor with quite hard steel in one of the old barbers manuals I read some time ago. I thought it sounded familiar so I checked my notes, and yup, it was in there. They also noted that very hard tempered razors can be a challenge for some to sharpen. :)

Here's the full list:

Blue Steel
Our Own
Lucifer
Congress
Turkish
Swedish
Ruby
Peerless
Snake
St. Bernard
Nancy Hanks 2.04

That's great to know. Thank you for that!

Top Bottom