What's new

Birthday shaving present ideas

Hello so my dad's birthday is next month and I'm trying to figure out what to get him. I recently started wet shaving and he has gotten back into it since I started. I'm trying to decided what type of soap and aftershave to get him. He likes mentholated stuff so I was looking into PAA Frost Byte and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it or other suggestions. I was also going to get him a nice brush as well as I'm looking for a gillette razor from the 4th quarter of 1959 since that's when he was born. So if anyone has any suggestions on a razor it would be greatly appreciated along with any suggestions on brush, soap and aftershave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very thoughtful! If you can find one, a 4th quarter Gillette Fatboy (an old adjustable razor) would be incredibly nice, but I don't know how the market value has been affected since I've just recently come back to this site. Some of the replated razors are ridiculously expensive, but a nice user grade should (hopefully) not be outrageous.

Maybe Yeti Snot soap? From what I've heard, it has nice freeze, and isn't too hard to find, as far as I know. At least, it wasn't.

I'm not too familiar with the menthol aftershaves, but Skin Bracer is nice in my opinion.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Great Cella combination for a present. The razor is going to be hard to find; flare tip Rocket or Fatboy maybe.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Maybe a razor from the year that he started shaving ? I would guess from the 70s.
Stirling has some nice mentholated soap scents.
What type of brush are you looking for, badger or boar would be something that He might have used from that era.

Cella is a great idea! I also like Floid vigoroso another great European product!

Simpsons has been making brushes for a century; they certainly were around when he started!

Great idea!

You can get him a bottle of liquid WS23 and he can “mentholate” anything he wants, as much as he wants!

I’d suggest SV 70th with matching aftershave, a 4th quarter ‘59 Fatboy, and a Paladin brush!

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll have to look everything up and see what he might like. I'm thinking a badger brush for sure and hopefully I'll find a 59 fatboy or red tip at least trying to do a little better than just a superspeed.

Top Bottom