What's new

Birmingham Pens - Carnegie Steel Co. - Cold Steel Ink

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I’m checking this ink out. My question is does this ink tend to clog pens? I tend to fill my pens and possibly leave them unused for periods of times. Therefore I need an ink that is not known to clog or terribly dry in a pen. Thanks in advance for any feedback

I’m checking this ink out. My question is does this ink tend to clog pens? I tend to fill my pens and possibly leave them unused for periods of times. Therefore I need an ink that is not known to clog or terribly dry in a pen. Thanks in advance for any feedback

You would probably be better served emailing them on that one. Sorry I can’t help!

Vr

Matt

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I really like the cold steel color but in the meantime I reordered my favorite shin kai that’s running low. I’m getting an order together of other stuff on goulet. I’m going to order their pen wash and set up. With an eye towards actually treating my pens right. (Goal) this might make trying other inks more palatable.

I recently bought this ink after reading this thread, and I had to come back to the thread to say that I absolutely love it. It has quickly become my favorite ink, hands down. It’s the perfect blue-black, in my opinion, and performs beautifully. Now I’m tempted to try one of their pens! :mad2:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I recently bought this ink after reading this thread, and I had to come back to the thread to say that I absolutely love it. It has quickly become my favorite ink, hands down. It’s the perfect blue-black, in my opinion, and performs beautifully. Now I’m tempted to try one of their pens! :mad2:
Well fortunately the pens are sold out. 🤣
What color ink did you try?

Gents,

I have been using these inks (4 of them) for awhile now, and I have not experienced any issues with them clogging my pens. They all flow well, are extremely rich, and very interesting.

Vr

Matt

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Gents,

I have been using these inks (4 of them) for awhile now, and I have not experienced any issues with them clogging my pens. They all flow well, are extremely rich, and very interesting.

Vr

Matt
Have you tried and seen any difference with the crisp formula?

I just got five Birmingham ink colors in the crisp expression. I will try to report more as I get experience with them, but they seem nice so far. I have only loaded one into a fountain pen, but have used all with a glass dip pen. The colors I got were Cold Steel, Slag Gray, Ohio River, Pennsylvania Slate, and Pitted Nickel. So far decent saturation and shading.

I just got five Birmingham ink colors in the crisp expression. I will try to report more as I get experience with them, but they seem nice so far. I have only loaded one into a fountain pen, but have used all with a glass dip pen. The colors I got were Cold Steel, Slag Gray, Ohio River, Pennsylvania Slate, and Pitted Nickel. So far decent saturation and shading.

What paper are you using the crisp inks on?

Thanks!

Vr

Matt

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Excellent look forward to your review. I had one or two under construction but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

I received my TWSBI from Anderson Pen and the thing that impressed me the most was they included a handwritten note thanking me for the purchase.

The personal touch that these companies put in their packaging is something that dates back before the 70’s.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I received my TWSBI from Anderson Pen and the thing that impressed me the most was they included a handwritten note thanking me for the purchase.

The personal touch that these companies put in their packaging is something that dates back before the 70’s.
Nice touch indeed. I see many shave folks do that. Some places enclosed their company stickers like write. Another nice touch. Off the nib topic, uncle seiko had a note and a card with a 10% discount code. Now that was a nice touch!

Top Bottom