What's new

Birmingham Pens - Carnegie Steel Co. - Cold Steel Ink

Gents,

I was just turned onto this little company, and so far so good! The packaging and ink is absolutely top notch!

Vr

Matt

5C37FD29-F3B0-4AD2-97A7-C982FDDD819B.jpeg
360108E1-23B2-4DA2-908B-E6B148BBB8B1.jpeg
9B623BEB-F666-4B11-8ACE-24FC88EA5753.jpeg
1F55C57E-A77F-457D-BC09-605C2E197287.jpeg
3DF7AE3B-774F-4354-B2CE-07D816BB4BC7.jpeg
045B4600-332D-4EDA-B20B-219156AB5DEE.jpeg

Awesome! I had no idea you're also into fountain pens Matt. Unfortunately they aren't a good fit for my current job so mine see little use beyond grocery lists nowadays. Beautiful pen and ink though!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Unfortunately your pics are so gigantic they won't load for me. :mad2:

Nice looking pen. I really like the color of that ink...off to their website now...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Awesome! I had no idea you're also into fountain pens Matt. Unfortunately they aren't a good fit for my current job so mine see little use beyond grocery lists nowadays. Beautiful pen and ink though!

Oh yes...I love my pens like I love my straight razors. The zen of straight razor shaving, and writing in cursive with my pens really really helped me out when I was going through a multi-year rough patch a few years ago.

I am sorry that you don’t get to use yours as much as you would like!

Vr

Matt

Nice looking pen. I really like the color of that ink...off to their website now...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thanks! The pen is a Tactile Turn with a damascus grip. Pendleton Brown ground it to a cursive italic, and added flex to it with some seriously clever nib work! It is not my most expensive pen, but certainly it is my favorite!

Vr

Matt

Yeah, I am a chemist. I often have something or other I'd much rather not get on my pens on my gloves.

Eventually they may see some use if I ever end up in a more office oriented position.

I have ordered inks from Birmingham pen co before and it's always a good experience. I need to try their new ink formulation that they are making in-house

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
The pictures took a little while to load on my iPad. Interesting, very interesting. I like the pen and the colour of the ink. Thanks for sharing them with most of us. Sorry that @nemo cannot see them.

Gents,

I like the Cold Steel so much that I ordered the Ice Rink and the Petroleum. They really are wonderful inks with rich and interesting hues.

The Ice Rink Blue reminds me of the Akkerman Shocking Blue, except it is not skippy/temperamental. The Ice Rink is now my favorite blue.

Vr

Matt

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Unfortunately your pics are so gigantic they won't load for me. :mad2:

I think if I was back in high school I’d have some pretty funny responses to this post. But alas I will adhere to the strict rules of engagement.

Anyway that packaging looks fantastic. I love that color as well. Is the ink washable?

I don’t know about washable...it dries fairly quickly, but if you wet it, you can get it to smear, but not entirely.

Vr

Matt

that blue looks a lot like ESS's IG (I'm a fan, it's my primary). I like that color on the page. good looking pen too. classy packaging.

that blue looks a lot like ESS's IG (I'm a fan, it's my primary). I like that color on the page. good looking pen too. classy packaging.

Thanks! Tactile Turn has great customer service, and Pendleton Brown is an amazing nibmeister!

Vr

Matt

Gents,

These guys are producing inks of the highest quality, better than any I have used to date!

They recently came out with a new line where the ink evolves in color as it dries. I like my three other 120ml bottles of the various colors so much, I decided to get another of the new ink.

I purchased the Herrs Island Ultramarine, and what a stunning ink it is...a new favorite! The ink comes out, in an extremely rich and dark navy blue, and it evolves into a color that keeps this dark blue but lightens with coppery pink tones and highlights! It is luscious...sumptuous...and very very interesting! The pictures don’t do it justice, but hey...I tried!

Vr

Matt
AEAE99E4-4299-4A2F-9093-589F5D7C6FA9.jpeg
A3BE81F3-1E3B-409F-A4FE-4C5F5BEB13BB.jpeg
81C27BE1-5B1B-486A-8937-E8FB8A62EE08.jpeg
60708F0A-FB05-40F1-A434-67AE0F68E337.jpeg
F514AA45-4AA7-4D96-A1DB-D074125CE000.jpeg
0780E2EB-BC5B-4F83-9B5D-2DFE74A5BED1.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom