What's new

Bird Watching

I've gotten interested in bird watching. Check www.leakwire.com that has recordings of bird calls, pictures, and practice identification tests. No, I'm not associated with them.

Like shaving, bird watching is a side topic in a book I'm writing. In order to write intelligently, I need to become a bird watcher. In the book, I invented a pair of high powered binoculars that would take videos, record the time of the video, record any comments I make, identify the type of bird, have a directional microphone to hear the bird. The program would be able to isolate the song of the one bird in the picture. I could set the program to find a particular species of bird, and if one was heard, it would give directions on where to point the mike using a light and pipper system.

I'm willing to pay up to $1,000 for a good pair of these binoculars. Maybe what I really need is a tripod with a camera that has an automated point, focus, and record. Oh, the system should have image stabilization. Let's see...it should post to the popular social media sites and add a kitten to every picture so they will be popular.

By the way, IM me, and I'll sell a design for a cat trap. Just kidding, it's only a box and a rope. It does have an add on feature of bird songs. Cats like bird music.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
bird 97-2.jpeg

@Billski, you must be a professional photographer. Awesome pic! I am not, but I was sitting on the back deck with my lovely wife when this little guy paid us a visit.

20200601_201533.jpg

We use the Merlin app to help us identify our back yard birds. I actually got a House Finch to challenge me to a fight by playing the Finch calls earlier in the spring.

Good luck with the book, @GaryTha!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I've gotten interested in bird watching. Check www.leakwire.com that has recordings of bird calls, pictures, and practice identification tests. No, I'm not associated with them.

Like shaving, bird watching is a side topic in a book I'm writing. In order to write intelligently, I need to become a bird watcher. In the book, I invented a pair of high powered binoculars that would take videos, record the time of the video, record any comments I make, identify the type of bird, have a directional microphone to hear the bird. The program would be able to isolate the song of the one bird in the picture. I could set the program to find a particular species of bird, and if one was heard, it would give directions on where to point the mike using a light and pipper system.

I'm willing to pay up to $1,000 for a good pair of these binoculars. Maybe what I really need is a tripod with a camera that has an automated point, focus, and record. Oh, the system should have image stabilization. Let's see...it should post to the popular social media sites and add a kitten to every picture so they will be popular.

By the way, IM me, and I'll sell a design for a cat trap. Just kidding, it's only a box and a rope. It does have an add on feature of bird songs. Cats like bird music.

Neat idea. If I may suggest, maybe add night vision to the binoculars. I've used monoculars with those features that worked well.

Good luck with the book. I'm no help on bird watching. The only ones I know anything about are the ones outside the window.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
1. I really want a red bird tattoo

2. The Killdeer has to be the most annoying bird in the world. Mostly ground dwellers. They nest on the ground, 4 eggs. I got no problem with that. Several years they have hatched in my field. Every year I’m careful not to run over the nest with the lawnmower. But I have a problem with their screeching. All hours of the day!. You walk out there and they screech. Every single hour of every single day they are flying around making a ruckus! Even at work! I walk across the parking lot and screech screech!!! I’m just walking!! Give me a break bird!!

Top Bottom