What's new

Bird Watchers

Any bird watchers in the group? If so maybe we can post some photos or share stories about favorite places, trips, birds, etc. I'll start with a favorite backyard bird for me, a Downy Woodpecker, from 2018 when I fed the birds regularly.
Downy.JPG

Here’s one.
Have you been to Nebraska to see th Sandhills Crane Migration? Thousands of them in large flocks along the Platte River. It happens early every March. It’s quite a sight.

there's a very active bird photo thread in "the darkroom" section of the forum, has over a thousand posts, ongoing almost 5 years so far....

Thread link-

There is a Peregrine Falcon in our neighborhood. Beautiful bird. Not as many bunnies as there used to be.
I see it on morning runs and whenever I don’t have a camera.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
We get seasonal hummers ...

full

and the occasional hawk ...

full

which leads to the occasional problem ... pretty sure a mourning dove got "et."

full

But mostly happy days.

AA

Yes! I caught the birding bug back on 12/26/92 when I was 12. We took a family outing down to the coast in Louisiana. My father was a birder but not active. He pointed out a White-tailed Kite, unusual back in those days. His excitement was contagious and we’ve been birding together since.

Spring migration has already started here in Louisiana with Purple Martins arriving but I’m looking forward to the Northern Parulas and Yellow-throated Warblers to be here in a couple more weeks.

Top Bottom