What's new

Biotique Bio Palmyra - *DISCONTINUED*

Hi Everyone,

After a week of unsuccessfully scouting for the biotique bio palmyra here in India, I finally reached out to the company directly.

They confirmed that the product has officially been discontinued and removed from their product line up. I'm thoroughly disappointed. Yet another excellent product discontinued.

They now offer a shaving gel tube instead - BIO PALMYRA

So for all us Biotique bio palmyra tub fans, its time to stock up.

Best,
socialjunk95

I got this response in September. Let me write to them again or better still call them since I am in India.

Greetings from Biotique!!

With regards to your query, we would like to inform you that some products are currently not
available on our website.
Please stay tuned to our website, as the range shall be available shortly.

Regards,

Biotique

I've been meaning to pare down the number of croaps/creams/pucks as I use them up and Biotique is one of them. I guess that helps my decision making a lot since I won't be able to get it in the future and I'm not interested in stockpiling

The B&B community can help by tweeting the official Biotique world twitter handle to support the continued manufacturing of the amazing cream. Many of you might not use it or perhaps many haven't heard or liked it. But a show of solidarity to fellow wet shavers who like the product would be in good spirits!

I remember starting one such "Williams discontinued" thread thanks to a response I got from the company's official communication email. Thankfully it turned out to be not the end.

I am hoping for something similar to happen with Biotique Palmyra. Its going to be one of the classics to go down if it does.

The twitter handle if Biotique World manufacturer of Palmyra shave cream ==>

Biotique (@Biotique_World) | Twitter

India seems to like tube gels. Even gillette and other brands come as gels in tubes. I've never tried Biotique Palmyra but was hoping to get some on an upcoming trip to India just to try it based on the interesting reviews on this site.

For those who like to stockpile for shavepocalypse, Amazon prime has it listed in stock.

I cannot believe they would discontinue such an excellent product.! Its got plenty of cushion & the slickness is through the roof!!!! I love it!

Hi Everyone,

After a week of unsuccessfully scouting for the biotique bio palmyra here in India, I finally reached out to the company directly.

They confirmed that the product has officially been discontinued and removed from their product line up. I'm thoroughly disappointed. Yet another excellent product discontinued.

They now offer a shaving gel tube instead - BIO PALMYRA

So for all us Biotique bio palmyra tub fans, its time to stock up.

Best,
socialjunk95

The B&B community can help by tweeting the official Biotique world twitter handle to support the continued manufacturing of the amazing cream. Many of you might not use it or perhaps many haven't heard or liked it. But a show of solidarity to fellow wet shavers who like the product would be in good spirits!

The twitter handle if Biotique World manufacturer of Palmyra shave cream ==>

Biotique (@Biotique_World) | Twitter

Hey, this is a great idea. I do not have a twitter account but I did ask the customer service guys to pass on my message to the concerned team at the company.

Its unlikely that the company will take any action, but its worth a shot!

I suspected it was discontinued after noticing that the Palmyra tub was missing from Biotique's product list on their website. Had added my thoughts regarding the same in the Biotique mega thread in Aug. I did pick a few of the tubs before they are gone forever.

Socialjunk95, thanks for confirming with Biotique. It is indeed unfortunate to see a fine product being discontinued.

Last edited:
If they discontinued this product because of the lack of sales(which is likely the reason) then, only Biotique is to blame. They literally didn't market this product.

This is value for money product and gives any and every cream available in India a run for their money. People would have flocked to this product if it was readily available like Godrej or Palmolive.

Shame! Amazon, Flipkart, Purplle are all out of stock now.

Sad to see this go - it was a great performer at a good price point, with all natural ingedients IIRC.

I’m not sure it will keep for long though without deteriorating, so sadly I won’t be laying in stocks.

I haven't been here for some months and came online today to write about Biotique shelf life. I've a tub of the old green cream that has started to smell stale and slightly ammoniacal in recent weeks. It has also become thicker and gloopy - you have to dip the brush in fairly hard to get the cream on, and it's either a feast or a famine because of this.
I'd kept it in the fridge for at least 2 years but it's now for the bin - I really hate to use product that doesn't smell good, and boy this used to smell good. I noted that the manufacturing date was August 2013, so I may have been a tad panglossian regarding shelf life.
To those who are scavenging for old tubs of this great product - it may not last forever (even refrigerated).
I'd been a great fan but the romance is now ended with the discontinuance of the line.
It was sweet but there are plenty of other great products out there.

I've never tried the Biotique shave cream being discussed here, but found the thread interesting. A bit of google-fu brought me to this link: Buy Biotique Bio-Palmyra Expert Shave Shaving Cream

I did not go so far as to actually order, but I was able to add the item, a green tub of 'Bio-Palmyra Expert Shave Cream', to the shopping cart. Thought some of the contributers to this thread might be interested.

I got 2 tubes of it and they came in yesterday, shaved with it today and it was OK, but i think I need to work at it a little more before I can call it good. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't what i had read. I will definitely use it again.

Tom

Disappointed to hear this. Bio Palmyra was my favorite cream. Those looking for a similar cream that is close to Bio Palmyra in regards to a mild scent, slickness, cushion and post shave feel might try La Toja Classic.

Top Bottom