What's new

bio-metric hand gun safe

I ended up getting a Liberty HDX 250 Smart Vault. It appears to be a decent safe and holds a Glock 43, Micro 9, LCP II, and SP101. Those are my main carry pieces so I wanted them easily accessible. Could a thief carry it out sure, but at least I am doing my due diligence by having them locked up in the bedroom. So far the scanner seems to work well and it has a key back up. It can be plugged in or operated on a 9 volt battery.

I don’t buy these safes for theft avoidance, possibly deference. To my way of thinking, it’s to protect grandchildren and to keep me safe, by not leaving a loaded firearm around.

Most of mine are empty weapons, but I do keep one ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I don’t buy these safes for theft avoidance, possibly deference. To my way of thinking, it’s to protect grandchildren and to keep me safe, by not leaving a loaded firearm around.

Most of mine are empty weapons, but I do keep one ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely agree.

I ended up getting a Liberty HDX 250 Smart Vault. It appears to be a decent safe and holds a Glock 43, Micro 9, LCP II, and SP101. Those are my main carry pieces so I wanted them easily accessible. Could a thief carry it out sure, but at least I am doing my due diligence by having them locked up in the bedroom. So far the scanner seems to work well and it has a key back up. It can be plugged in or operated on a 9 volt battery.
How is this working out so far?

My pistol safes are all 3 button code safes. You get to pick the code.... I am also interested in biometric safes, but I am always worried they won’t work when needed. Watching and interested.

I had one of these, seemed prudent with 2 toddlers. It used AA batteries which I checked for function every few weeks. Going to the range one weekend and it would not open and I had to use the key. My guess is that the batteries had just enough life to let it open last time I check but not enough again. I stopped using it. In hindsight, the only way to be sure would have been to change the batteries every 6 months. I don't recall how long the batteries had been in it but they were name brand alkalines (what was recommended). This really gave me pause though about electronic keys.

proxy.php

Top Bottom