What's new

Bill Ruger was Smiling Down on me Today

…got the last one.
163D2A14-85F9-4CA3-B7B0-666F47FE7C1A.jpeg

Already have Sam Andrews on the holster job. Set of Chig’s grip panels soon to be on the way.…those OEM grips really are lacking.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
WooHoo!! The grips were just to small for me so I replaced them all together. Not a bad price either.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Already have Sam Andrews on the holster job. Set of Chig’s grip panels soon to be on the way.…those OEM grips really are lacking.

After watching a few YouTube vids on wet molding an already finished holster. I tried soaking the leather holster I got from Masc holsters in warm water and attempted to outline the holster myself using various types of improvised boning tools.

It turned out to be absolute crap. I threw it in the trash. I think the future quality leather holster I select for my SP 101 will have a thumb strap.

Well…you can’t polish a turd.
Masc holsters are 3rd world and their price reflects it.
Andrews, Grizzle, Sparks, Ritchie Bros….
Senseless to fudge on a holster to be used in a defensive application. But then, you knew that😉
However a good quality holster can be remolded.
C. Rusty Sherrick is a small, somewhat obscure leather craftsman working out of PA: specializes in horsehide. He makes the holster which was/is used by the LAPD S.I.S. (a very heavy duty, elite tactical squad). I have a few of his holsters, including a couple of the S.I.S. specimens. All are top rate. Because Glock changed the dimensions of the Gen. 5 Model 23, my Sherrick holster had to be remolded a couple times to get it right. Rusty did a fantastic job. Do consider his materials are extremely high quality and his skill is remarkable.
E473BEC6-E578-46B2-A18D-509B83F141B9.jpeg
F416D76E-B8D3-44EE-847C-7FA54C2E4FF0.jpeg
DEB2E122-494D-41DC-9675-30DCDA619AEC.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom