What's new

Bigfoot Fact or Fiction

Bigfoot: fact or fiction

• Fact

• Fiction

• Art is Bigfoot

• Deep down, Phil Really does Believe !!!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
While we are on the subject.......

This morning when I walked out of the house to go to work I smelled a skunk. I live in Suburbia Carrollton Texas. It had to be Bigfoot...right?

Bigfoot is real

bigfoot.gif

Ad Astra

The Instigator
If they are real, I suspect there's an interdimensional component. Just because there's nowhere for them to hide doesn't mean they can't come and go.

The flying saucers are another problem that gets nervously swept under the rug. Noted physicist Michio Kaku once said, "A large percent of the (UFO) cases are easily explained ... but there are a few that make my skin crawl."

If he's uncomfortable, perhaps you should be, too.

AA

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
While we are on the subject.......

This morning when I walked out of the house to go to work I smelled a skunk. I live in Suburbia Carrollton Texas. It had to be Bigfoot...right?

Nope, Bigfoot smells like a high school football locker room with wet deep shag carpet from the early 70's.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I thought I would post this thread, we were talking about this today at work. I thought it might open some interesting discussion.

The year was 1983 I was 17 years old and me and a buddy were out coon hunting. We were in the river bottoms of the Wapsipinnicon River near Massilon IA. We were hunting with a pair of Walkers a 6 year old male and his two year old daughter. The Male was a superb dog and the female was coming along nicely.

We were sitting in a heavy grove of Evergreens when the female yelped so we new she was on the trail of something. My buddy who owned the dogs said he was going to start moving toward her, I said I would stay put in case the other dog treed somewhere else. It was probably 10 minutes later and she started barking way down the river so I figured cool she has got a coon treed.

I just sat there listening to her bark and also listening for the other dog. All of a sudden I heard this unexplainable sound, it almost sounded like a whoop, howl. I may have been young but I grew up in those woods and I have never heard anything like it. I can still remember the hair literaly standing up on the back of my neck.

Even at night the woods are never silent but after this sound you could have heard a pin drop. Even the female stopped barking. I was literaly paralyzed with fear. It was not 30 seconds later I heard a crashing in the brush and something charging right for me. I was armed with a .22 magnum, but that did not give me much comfort. The object that was charging toward me burst out of the brush, it was the male Walker. He ran right up to me circled me once forced his way between my legs, stuck his tale between his legs and stood there and shook.

My buddy and I were going to meet back at the truck at a designated time so I headed that way a bit early. That dog never left my side. When we got to the truck he about knocked me down in his haste to kennel. When my buddy got to the truck over an hour later I told him what happened. He never heard a thing but new something was wrong because his other dog was scared as well.

That weekend myself and 2 other guys took the boat up river to our favorite pond where we were always guaranteed to pick up some woodies. It was still dark and we were tying up the boat and heard that same sound. We did not duck hunt that day. We put the hammer down on the boat and got the hell out of there.

I know you all will laugh and think I am crazy but I have never forgotten those two occasions, nor have I ever heard anything like that again. Ever since that night I have been facinated with Bigfoot. A couple of years ago I found a website called the Bigfoot field research organization. They have recordings on there of possible Bigfoot vocalizations.

This is right on the money of what I heard. http://www.bfro.net/REF/Puyallubigfeet.wav

Thanks for pointing me here Scott.

I've never seen or heard anything in the bush I couldnt make sense of, but I've never heard that sound. I'd be likely to switch to the slug gun and go scream back at it lol.

My father had a native friend and he refused to go in the bush after dark, evil spirits. That made coon hunting difficult for him lol. He was also deathly afraid of snakes and jumped right out of his Scout one night on a back road because we left a little garter snake in it lol.

Years ago when I was in the MSN Chatrooms I had a few good friends that lived in the Willamette Valley Oregon, one went by the name of Wookie because he was 6'6 and had a big shaggy beard haha. Both him and another friend claimed to have seen one and heard them many times. Thats big country out there and easy to hide in if something wanted too.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
You can't prove a negative.

I have heard second hand stories of sightings including my son's friend who walked up on two while hiking up a stream in remote Northern California.

Still, it seems to me everybody has a cell phone camera except when they need one.

Color me an open minded skeptic.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I used to think that going directly downwind faster than the wind ("DDWFTTW") in a wind-powered land vehicle was impossible, like a perpetual motion machine. None of the video documentation of scale models, simulations, etc. that I had seen could make me change my mind.
Bear in mind that "directly downwind" is different from sailing "close to the wind".

Then I saw a slo-mo video of the Blackbird, and realized how it actually worked (not how I thought it worked.
This is an earlier version of it:
proxy.php

You would think that if it gets up to wind speed, the propeller would stop turning, and it would not drive the wheels any faster (or at all).

BUT, here's the thing - the vehicle is indeed traveling directly downwind (see green flag) from right to left, and it's going faster than the wind (see red ribbons). The gimmick is that the propeller does not drive the wheels. The wind exerts pressure on the whole vehicle, and the wheels drive the propeller. In the above photo, the propeller is turning clockwise, so that it's blowing air against the tailwind.
That is additional thrust so it goes faster than, say, a spinnaker sail could pull it.

Now I don't know what to disbelieve any more. :001_unsur

Even so, I am still skeptical of Bigfoot.

Speaking of which, does anybody else think the director borrowed the gait of this Walking Dead zombie ...
(jump to 00:30)

...from the famous Patterson bigfootage?

Last edited:
Top Bottom