What's new

big win for usa today

USA beat Spain 2-0 today in soccer maybe there is hope for us yet..:biggrin:
Spain was number one in world so nice to see we can compete now and then....

Wow! I heard the game was today, but simply assumed the US would lose. Oh me of little faith :biggrin: What a win!

I know. I couldn't believe it when I saw it online. I meant to watch the game but fell asleep watching a movie. I really hope the US can finally do something and play well next year in the WC.

Sadly, I think Brazil will end up routing the US in the finals. Then again, the US did beat Brazil in the 1998 Gold Cup semifinals...

After losing twice in this tourney, it's great we beat Spain, they haven't lost since 06', USA USA :)

I was too young for the "miracle on ice" in 1980. And I know the stage is infinitesimally smaller, but this is the closest upset to that one that I can recall

HUGE WIN~!! That was awesome.

Brazil is so nasty (as always), they put a beatdown on the Italians the other night (I know, team Italy hasn't been firing on all cylinders, but still). Needless to say, the odds are long, but I'll definitely be tuning in on the 28th!

I was old enough to remember the Miracle On Ice....and it was the most amazing thing I can think of from my youth. Jim Craig was my hero for at least a decade after that.

I would love to see squad USA give a strong showing in the next WC. Our nation could use the morale booster, and USA soccer deserves to get some love on a national scale. This is a great primer for them! Get them used to playing BIG!

HUGE WIN~!! That was awesome.

Brazil is so nasty (as always), they put a beatdown on the Italians the other night (I know, team Italy hasn't been firing on all cylinders, but still). Needless to say, the odds are long, but I'll definitely be tuning in on the 28th!

I was old enough to remember the Miracle On Ice....and it was the most amazing thing I can think of from my youth. Jim Craig was my hero for at least a decade after that.

I would love to see squad USA give a strong showing in the next WC. Our nation could use the morale booster, and USA soccer deserves to get some love on a national scale. This is a great primer for them! Get them used to playing BIG!

They could still upset Brazil. You only need 1 goal to win...Brazil could have possesion all game, but one silly mistake could cost them

I was too young for the "miracle on ice" in 1980. And I know the stage is infinitesimally smaller, but this is the closest upset to that one that I can recall

Hmmm...that is definitely debatable. The Miracle on Ice will always be the king, though.

It will be VERY hard to replicate this game on Sunday, presuming Brazil win. Bradley is essential to controlling the midfield and sets much of the emotional tone for the team, losing him is going to be hard to cope with. Not to mention several of the US players were having out-of-their-mind career games. I can't expect much for the final. Though, of course, I didn't expect much for this game, either!

Hmmm...that is definitely debatable. The Miracle on Ice will always be the king, though.

It will be VERY hard to replicate this game on Sunday, presuming Brazil win. Bradley is essential to controlling the midfield and sets much of the emotional tone for the team, losing him is going to be hard to cope with. Not to mention several of the US players were having out-of-their-mind career games. I can't expect much for the final. Though, of course, I didn't expect much for this game, either!

True, but was anyone expecting both Brazil and England to lose in the 2006 WC? My point is that as high and mighty a team may be, their confidence might very well end up leading to their demise.

Top Bottom