What's new

Big Swedes

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Why not torturing you a bit more... A few pictures of my Klas Törnblom "185" made in Eskilstuna, Sweden.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Pictures from the eBay auction when I bought it:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Finally, you can see how I hold my straight in Wiki. I used the Klas to take the pictures, it's in the Alternative Grips 2...
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/How_to_hold_a_Straight_Razor

It... is.... tooo... much.... I..... neeed..... one.... now!!!!!!!

Serious case of SSRAD (Swedish Straight razor Acquisition Disorder)

Last edited:
I don't think most sellers on tradera dabble around with paypal, I usually make direct transfers so bank accounts when I buy anything there.

I don't think most sellers on tradera dabble around with paypal, I usually make direct transfers so bank accounts when I buy anything there.
Exactly. Some use a domestic system called "Payson"
Most don't. Tradera is owned by eBay since several years back, but it's still a lot more "wild west" feeling to it.
Bad pics, lousy communication & bank-transfers only.

And last year prices has gone up significally on the more well-known brands.
And half of the time you see those razors on eBay.com a few weeks later..

bank transfers only is not THAT bad within Sweden - with internet bank its quite convenient, if not as secure as PayPal of course! Compared to here in Hong Kong its a breeze though... not to mention Taiwan...

Most don't. Tradera is owned by eBay since several years back, but it's still a lot more "wild west" feeling to it.

Last edited:
You make me come off as an enabler here :001_tongu

Considering your Stewardship as well as how your razors seem to spread over the globe... yes I´d say so... If Sweden still made razors you be a good ambassador ;)

Hmm, I see a Brother in severe Need here.
I wonder what could be done to help him out..:w00t:
Ehmm...

Don't we all :biggrin:
Remember the reason I started this thread?????

;)

Here are mine - both C.V. Heljestrand razors. Among the rarer sizes for Swedish razors, I believe.

A Mk 133 - over 7/8" wide.....

proxy.php

proxy.php

.....and a Mk 134 - fully an inch wide.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Forgive the crappy pics - they don't do these beauties justice. Both from NOS, with no restoration. They could use some buffing, but the minor spotting doesn't bother me, so I left them as they were.

They are amazing shavers. I like them so much I got rid of a couple of Mk 31's and 32's. They weren't getting used.

Last edited:

I've offered to to this before, but i'm gonna do it again.
If any of you find an item of interest on Tradera, I would be willing to make the purchase for you and have it shipped, although I would have to ask for payment in advance for security.

Of course I understand if none of you have any trust for me, since i've only been on here for a few days as a posting member instead of just lurking!

Here are mine - both C.V. Heljestrand razors. Among the rarer sizes for Swedish razors, I believe.

A Mk 133 - over 7/8" wide.....

proxy.php

proxy.php

.....and a Mk 134 - fully an inch wide.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Forgive the crappy pics - they don't do these beauties justice. Both from NOS, with no restoration. They could use some buffing, but the minor spotting doesn't bother me, so I left them as they were.

They are amazing shavers. I like them so much I got rid of a couple of Mk 31's and 32's. They weren't getting used.
Lovely, lovely blades!

I think those were made rather late, like 50's. They didn't add a 3rd number until late on.
In any case, they are magnificent!

Being Swedish I should probably have a Swedish Straight!! I won't go back there until next summer, but count in me in to go to every antique shop I can find. I am determined to come home with lots of goodies :001_tt2:

I've offered to to this before, but i'm gonna do it again.
If any of you find an item of interest on Tradera, I would be willing to make the purchase for you and have it shipped, although I would have to ask for payment in advance for security.

Of course I understand if none of you have any trust for me, since i've only been on here for a few days as a posting member instead of just lurking!

Thanks for the offer. Really nice of you. If I find anything I'll let you know!!

Also, are you up for mugging Honed? I really like the razor he posted pictures of but no one would probably be able to pry it out of him. :001_tongu

Last edited:
Too late! THIS Thörnblom 185 is now Mine thanks to Jens / Honed / "The Enabler"! :thumbup:

MODS! Can we please please have a User badge for Thörnblom 185 Owners club? Please? :ouch1: Ehm, is that a bit nerdy of me?

Also, are you up for mugging Honed? I really like the razor he posted pictures of but no one would probably be able to pry it out of him. :001_tongu

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer. Really nice of you. If I find anything I'll let you know!!

Before trying, just be aware that I have a really bad case of knife&gun-fetish :ohmy:

Top Bottom