What's new

Big problem with the Timeless Bronze Open Comb

IMAG0118.jpg

The problem? All my other stuff looks dingy next to it! Received mine today after ordering on eBay Friday morning. Timeless is in Ohio like me, so delivery was a snap. EBay gave me a $10 coupon, which mostly took care of the state sales tax.

I started a growth once I committed to the purchase so I could give it a good first run. Blade was a new Nacet, and I opted for Tabac applied with a brush. I rarely use a brush and lathered soap in a bowl, but this razor made me want to take the time.

Although the .78 gap is less than the .84 of my Game Changer, this feels like the more aggressive razor. Much moreso. The sales description makes a point of telling you not to worry about the .78 gap being enough. For me, it was enough. Very generous blade exposure and a very rigid clamping down on the blade. No chance of looseness or chatter.

I'd used Nacets before, but this razor made me realize that while the Nacet is certainly sharp, it may not be the smoothest for me. And I doubt I would've recognized that, running Nacets in a Tech or SS.

This may be the end of my on again, of again RAD problems. Can't wait to see how other blades perform.

View attachment 1098819

The problem? All my other stuff looks dingy next to it! Received mine today after ordering on eBay Friday morning. Timeless is in Ohio like me, so delivery was a snap. EBay gave me a $10 coupon, which mostly took care of the state sales tax.

I started a growth once I committed to the purchase so I could give it a good first run. Blade was a new Nacet, and I opted for Tabac applied with a brush. I rarely use a brush and lathered soap in a bowl, but this razor made me want to take the time.

Although the .78 gap is less than the .84 of my Game Changer, this feels like the more aggressive razor. Much moreso. The sales description makes a point of telling you not to worry about the .78 gap being enough. For me, it was enough. Very generous blade exposure and a very rigid clamping down on the blade. No chance of looseness or chatter.

I'd used Nacets before, but this razor made me realize that while the Nacet is certainly sharp, it may not be the smoothest for me. And I doubt I would've recognized that, running Nacets in a Tech or SS.

This may be the end of my on again, of again RAD problems. Can't wait to see how other blades perform.
Beautiful razor, congrats.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your Timeless Bronze OC. I have the Bronze SB and it’s an excellent razor. As you dial in your shaves with the OC and blade selection you’ll really appreciate the craftsmanship and solid blade clamping. If you want to get crazy you can pick up the SB head and then you’ll have an “adjustable Timeless Bronze”. I know I’m thinking of adding the OC to my den, in order to have an “adjustable Bronze”. Enjoy your beautiful razor.

Congratulations on your Timeless Bronze OC. I have the Bronze SB and it’s an excellent razor. As you dial in your shaves with the OC and blade selection you’ll really appreciate the craftsmanship and solid blade clamping. If you want to get crazy you can pick up the SB head and then you’ll have an “adjustable Timeless Bronze”. I know I’m thinking of adding the OC to my den, in order to have an “adjustable Bronze”. Enjoy your beautiful razor.
In my Bourbon Infused Enabling Mode I misspoke. I meant to say get the SB baseplate in order to make an “adjustable Bronze”. I admit I have an ulterior motive, if you do it and love both, it’s easier for me to justify to SWMBO. Enjoy your shaves.👍

I agree with you 100%.

I bought one and received it last week. I've used it for 5-6 shaves now and it's sublime. It's smooth, some but not too much blade feel, but boy-howdy it's efficient!

Mine is nice and shiny like your's right now. The tough call is to let it patina or keep it shiny.

Top Bottom