What's new

Big Fellows and Big Boys

When it comes to Gillette I happily reach for these. Great shaves. All of the time.

I got a 1926 New Improved BF and a early thirties BB De Luxe. I tend to favour aggresssive razors and I find the NEW line a bit tame.

However the Chrominum Big Fellow look grand indeed. It was only manufactured in the late 20’s or so.
Are the chromium Big fellows considered as regular NEWs or are the a bit more aggressive?
The chrome on this Big Fellow is haunting me a bit I guess...

Have not posted for a couple of years so I am sorry if the topic has popped up before.
Kindly
Henrik

I find my De Luxes the same aggressiveness as their normal, NEW variants (Big Boy vs. Big Fellow, Tuckaway, etc.).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed on the choices - New Improved and DeLuxe are both in my rotation. I also prefer chrome plated razors to anything other than solid stainless. I have never had much luck with old types of any style from double ring, Aristocrat or big fellow. For some reason they just don't deliver for me. Much as I like the styling, etc. they always end up being sold after a few months of trying different styles of shaving.

They’re all aggressive to me. My face is a baby. I enjoy the shaves from them, but I tend to handle them with much more care than, say, a Tech. My shave yesterday:

proxy.php

I have a Big Fellow Chromium #20 RFB - and it shaves exactly as mild as a regular New RFB - even if the razor is much bigger and heavier. But it think this model may be the odd one out, never tried the other types though so it is just a hunch...

5B586D4B-2127-49E4-B077-8E5F0547FE95.jpeg

Thanks! That answers my question completely. For me that means that I should be content and enjoy with what I have. Pretty much settles it when it comes to the Gillettes for me at the least.

I have a Big Fellow Chromium #20 RFB - and it shaves exactly as mild as a regular New RFB - even if the razor is much bigger and heavier. But it think this model may be the odd one out, never tried the other types though so it is just a hunch...

Thanks! That answers my question completely. For me that means that I should be content and enjoy with what I have. Pretty much settles it when it comes to the Gillettes for me at the least.

Great! - just to be precise: Note though that mine is is the RBB version. There is another chrome version (more often seen) that is not an RFB and hence probably more efficient :laugh:

PS - Great to see you posting again sir, have noticed a number of your former threads, e.g. On the Darwin Popular I think.

Oh really? A chrome Big Fellow in the New Improved line? I am interested in that for sure!
The reason for me creating this thread was actually because of your thread about your #20 find in Denmark:)
Thanks for your kind words by the way. After spending years on this forum I am pretty much pleased with what I got. Still got my Darwin Popular (willing to trade it just for the kicks of trying something else).

Great! - just to be precise: Note though that mine is is the RBB version. There is another chrome version (more often seen) that is not an RFB and hence probably more efficient :laugh:

PS - Great to see you posting again sir, have noticed a number of your former threads, e.g. On the Darwin Popular I think.

Top Bottom