What's new

Big Fellow Chromium #20 - Now we know your name!

A fellow B&Ber just scored this beautiful and very rare set. He's busy at the moment and told me to go ahead and post because he's too lazy to pull pics from eBay listings. :tongue_smHe'll chime in later anyway.

AFAIK, we didn't know the name of this set, until now. Yup ... it's that rare! You can stop calling it Big Boy RFB (as I've seen in a couple threads) its name is Big Fellow Chromium #20, absolutely stunning set, BIG congrats to its new happy owner! :thumbup:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201333743272?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

$11.jpg$12.jpg$13.jpg$14.jpg

Really nice! Congrats to your friend!:thumbup1:

A pretty high price too but I suppose not too bad considering it's a rare one.

Well, a guy needs some money to feed his needs...:tongue_sm

Congratulations to the new owner :clap: lovely set I was watching it at the end. I didn't bid as I have one of these beauties. It's good to learn it's proper name :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Very nice! I was watching this one too. I didn't bid, but just wanted to see what it would go for. Congrats to the buyer!

Congratulations to the new owner :clap: lovely set I was watching it at the end. I didn't bid as I have one of these beauties. It's good to learn it's proper name :thumbup1:

Congrats, Brian. It's a special one for sure! :thumbup1:

Doesn't look like a Deluxe to me.

That's just part of the name of the set ... there's also an American OC Aristocrat Deluxe set, a New Improved Traveler Deluxe set, etc ...

The razor itself is what we call a Raised Flat Bottom NEW head on a bigger handle like the Big Boy and the other Big Fellows (Old Type and New Improved).

So ... can you guys guess who's the new owner or not? He really, really likes his RFB NEWs ... :tongue_sm

So ... can you guys guess who's the new owner or not? He really, really likes his RFB NEWs ... :tongue_sm

Well I did a little ebay stalking of auctions that I have been watching and my detective skills, along with your hint, would suggest that Doc is the NEW owner! Congrats Doc!

Well, I like RFB NEWs as much as the next guy, but only a colossal idiot would drop that much cash on a razor that is really just a milder version of the US-made Big Boy NEW Deluxe. Of course, he is welcome to waste his money on whatever he wants. You know what they say: "your cash, your call." Of course, they also say: "there is a sucker born every minute."

Oh, wait, I'm the "colossal idiot" who bought the #20.:blushing:

Never mind. :whistling::001_rolle

Well I did a little ebay stalking of auctions that I have been watching and my detective skills, along with your hint, would suggest that Doc is the NEW owner! Congrats Doc!

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Well, I like RFB NEWs as much as the next guy, but only a colossal idiot would drop that much cash on a razor that is really just a milder version of the US-made Big Boy NEW Deluxe. Of course, he is welcome to waste his money on whatever he wants. You know what they say: "your cash, your call." Of course, they also say: "there is a sucker born every minute."

I wouldn't mind being a colossal idiot, if that's what you call a guy who just bought a very special and rare set.

Congrats again, Doc! :thumbsup:

Congratulations Ed! What a beautiful set! I bet it shaves like a dream. Tell us, will you be shaving with it?

Most definitely. I shave with almost all of my razors.

Very nice looking. What did these razors sell for originally?

I have no idea. Perhaps close inspection of the shipper will reveal a price.

@Edgar: thanks for bringing the pics over and getting the ball rolling. I'm actually still tied up at work (on a Sunday evening), but I keep distracting myself with visions of RFB razors ...

Ed,

I was looking at this one, also, and I'm glad it was rescued by someone who will appreciate it. Very interesting set. I don't remember but did the seller indicate the weight of the razor for comparison to the US one?

Congrats Doc! Like we didnt already know who it was LOL

Top Bottom