What's new

Big Fellow Big Boy Parade

R

romsitsa

Impressive, but not complete, imho. There were the two piece versions.

Adam

this one? Unfortunately not mine:

2018-03-18-18h51m31.jpg

Impressive, but not complete, imho. There were the two piece versions.

Adam
On picture are:
1. Big Fellow old type
2. Big Fellow New improved
3. Big Fellow No20 chromium Deluxe
4. Big Boy chromium Deluxe
5. Big Boy Hybrid
Who you think is missing?

R

romsitsa

No 3. came as a three and also as a two piece, and I suspect a two piece De luxe too, like your No 4, as there are British two piece Belmonts and Richwoods.

Adam

Only No 5 come as three piece. I am preaty shure that No20 not made as a three piece and that only Hybrid is three piece in this family. Deluxe was made from 1920 to februar 1931 and not made in such big number of pieces.

R

romsitsa

You say that your Nr 3 has a crimped handle, like a No 77? The inner tube rotates in place and only the cap is removeable?
Achims example is such a two piece, but there also was a three piece (inner tube is not crimped into the handle) Rfb head Big Boy.

This is a No 20:
Big Fellow Chromium #20 - Now we know your name!

The crimped handle variant could be the same set, but afaik no shipper popped up till today.

Adam

Last edited by a moderator:
I have shiper for this No 20. And I newer heard or seen three piece version of this razor. Is anywhere picture of there? As I now first 3 piece RFB was from 1931 when Gillette stop production of Big boy family.

R

romsitsa

Hello, we use a different nomenclature, just forget the three piece part.
Your No 3 breakes down like this:
http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/The NEW/1933 NEW Belmont England von Leon.jpg

The other version, posted by Achim, breaks down like this (the inner tube is part of the handle):
http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/The NEW/1935 Belmont 2-piece England.JPG

As the British Belmont, Richwood and Rfb head Big Fellow have two such versions, the De luxe head British Big Boy should also have two versions, so I suspect there should be not 6 but 7 Big Boy/Big Fellow variants in total.

Adam

Even if thats correct I not even bother to chase him. This is 5 different heads and try to get same razor with only diferent key is something I will pass :)

R

romsitsa

It’s correct or a non existant razor was sold on the bay not long ago. Anyhow, enjoy them :)

Adam

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Were there two different variations of the wood case or are my eyes decieving me?

Kindly,
Adam

Now all you need is the matching Journal. Model 102 and Serial Number under the diamond match my Big Fellow.
IMG_6414.JPG

Quick question for the Badger and Blade Big Boy/Big Fellow brain trust..

Anyone know if there is such a thing as a Canadian Big Fellow “Old Type”?

I’ve managed to find both a gold and chromium Canadian Big Boy, and a silver Canadian Big Fellow “New Standard”. I haven’t managed to locate a Canadian Big Fellow “Old Type”. Anyone know of this exists?

Thanks.

R

romsitsa

I'd say most likely no. The Gillette blade (company gazette) makes no mention of a Big fellow produced in Canada.

Adam

I've a Canadian Big Fellow "Old Type" serial # 807165 . CAN PAT MAR 7,05 and the words Gillette and the Gillette diamond on the bottom band of the handle, it is a three piece with a thin cap .

COT2.JPG

COT1.JPG

COT.JPG

Glenn

Top Bottom