What's new

"Big face, small razor"

Yesterday my amazing wife of 10 years (as of yesterday) surprised me with a new razor. The last thing I needed, right!? This is no ordinary razor...

IMG_6561.jpeg
IMG_6562.jpeg

A couple of months back we watched North by Northwest with Cary Grant and Eve-Marie Saint. We have been watching classics during the Great Pandemic of 2020 and of course, I commented on the tiny razor from the movie. SWMBO searched high and low and found this one online from an antique store in Iowa. Amazingly, the blade is still with the razor. Not the exact razor from the movie, but it's the thought that counts.

Terrific movie, by the way.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Yesterday my amazing wife of 10 years (as of yesterday) surprised me with a new razor. The last thing I needed, right!? This is no ordinary razor...

View attachment 1172591View attachment 1172592

A couple of months back we watched North by Northwest with Cary Grant and Eve-Marie Saint. We have been watching classics during the Great Pandemic of 2020 and of course, I commented on the tiny razor from the movie. SWMBO searched high and low and found this one online from an antique store in Iowa. Amazingly, the blade is still with the razor. Not the exact razor from the movie, but it's the thought that counts.

Terrific movie, by the way.
Tom ... that’s just awesome. And I, too, have been married a decade. Sounds like we both struck gold.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Beautiful gift.

You guys are past the hard part, lol! If you can get out alive after ten years I figure y'all is stuck with each other. I'm working on 22 years of wedded bliss!

Of course, we've been MARRIED for 32, but I'm trying to forget about the first 10!!!

Tom ... that’s just awesome. And I, too, have been married a decade. Sounds like we both struck gold.
Beautiful gift.

You guys are past the hard part, lol! If you can get out alive after ten years I figure y'all is stuck with each other. I'm working on 22 years of wedded bliss!

Of course, we've been MARRIED for 32, but I'm trying to forget about the first 10!!!

My wife strung me along for 8 years before she would agree to marry me. So, we are fast approaching 20 years together. She's good people to put up with my act. The two of you obviously married up and out kicked the coverage!! :thumbup:

FarmerTan

My wife strung me along for 8 years before she would agree to marry me. So, we are fast approaching 20 years together. She's good people to put up with my act. The two of you obviously married up and out kicked the coverage!! :thumbup:
Sounds like you were a decent catch yourself my friend!

I only gave my wife about a week to decide to marry me. I was afraid she'd get to know the real me!

Sounds like you were a decent catch yourself my friend!

I only gave my wife about a week to decide to marry me. I was afraid she'd get to know the real me!

Ha. Has she gotten to know the real you yet!?

What a nice woman, paying close attention to subtle details and following through to completion. Congratz on the new razor!

Thank you. She's a keeper for sure. I'm too old to be out chasing anyway.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
North by Northwest is a great film and I immediately thought about it from your picture before reading that you had recently seen it. Fun little razor. Now if you could just find more tiny blades for it!

Back to the subjects, brethren, what is the secret identity of this razor? It looks like a European antique to me.

And is a big face better served generally with a small razor, or by a large razor?

FarmerTan

Back to the subjects, brethren, what is the secret identity of this razor? It looks like a European antique to me.

And is a big face better served generally with a small razor, or by a large razor?
No idea what the answer is to your first question, but as to the second:
My face varies in size, depending upon how close I stand to the mirror. Without glasses on, in order to see myself, my face is ENORMOUS!

Which is okay, because I consider my face incredibly handsome. And my opinion on razor size is this: as long as the head of the DE isn't too thick, I believe it will work out fine. If it is too thick I have trouble between my nose and upper lip.

Even though I have an incredibly handsome face (my mom told me years ago, and hasn't said anything since to contradict her original statement) I think that area between my nose and upper lip is too narrow for a fat headed razor.

Top Bottom