What's new

FS Big Den Clearing - Soaps, Razors, Brushes, Watches...Unobtainium

So, after quite a few years of wetshaving, I'd like to purge my den and make my wife a bit happier with less shaving stuff in the house :). Apologies if there are any errors in this posting, but it is quite long and it's very late.

Info for buyers:

• Shipping is included via USPS unless requested otherwise. Shipping will include tracking.
  • Prices are OBO within reason. If a price seems wildly off, let me know, but let's leave the low ball offers at the flea markets.
  • A few items are cheap enough by themselves that they will have to be bundled unless you want to cover the shipping. I will notate these with "Bundle Only".
  • Payment is via Paypal G&S. It gives the both of us comfort :D
  • I haven't shipped internationally, but I'm willing to look into for any motivated B&B brethren.
  • There's enough items that photographing each item in full detail is more effort than need be for the initial post. If you need more photos I will take however many and of whatever part you want, just let me know in your PM.
  • For the straight razors, I will freshly hone and sanitize each one prior to shipping it out. They will be stropped and shave ready for those that are new to straights. The only exception is the batch of factory GD66s. If requested I will hone these as well, but you owe me a beer.
  • Everything besides brushes will be sanitized with rubbing alcohol (best stuff I have). I will let whoever buys a brush decide if and how they would like them sanitized as it can potentially mess up the brush and I don't want to send out a timebomb to anybody.
So, without further ado, the master list.
#
Type
Item
Condition
Cost
Notes
Available?
Blades
Kai Pink
Used
$8
I’ve used 2 blades out of the pack. I can combine with the CJB Kami AC for a reduced price.
Yes
Blades
Voskhod
New
$12
14 tucks
Yes
Epsilon Badger
Brush
Used - Like New
$100
2 band bulb knot. Nice soft tips with tons of backbone due to the low loft ratio, 27:54 mmm. Very interesting face feel and the brush I will miss the most.
Yes
H. L. Thater Funf Badger
Brush
Used - Like New
$125
2 band bulb knot with butterscotch handle. I love this handle style, but knots really aren’t my style and the fan Funf was not available when I bought this one (first release). Nicely broken in, but essentially unused since being broken in. Nice soft tips with decent backbone due to the bulb. One of the few bulb knots I’ve genuinely enjoyed.
Yes
Maseto Badger
Brush
Used - Like New - Lather 3 times
$45
Priced as essentially new, it’s been defunked and that’s about it. It’s a decent budget knot, but I’m trying to cut my herd down to the ultra soft tips and gellies.
Yes
Razorock Plissoft - Italian Handle
Brush
Used - Like New
$15
It’s a plissoft synthetic, not much else to say. Bought it on a whim for the handle.
Yes
Razorock Plissoft - Chrome Silvertip
Brush
Used - Like New
$15
My second favorite synthetic after my CH2S. Very soft tips with only a tiny bit of scritch if you managed to get the fibers jussssst right. Very heavy chrome handle.
Yes
Rudy Vey - 2012 B&B LE Brush Prototype - Badger
Brush
Used
$75
Shavemac Finest Knot - Sheds a bit. A little piece of B&B history, the handle is a little too small for me and doesn’t look like it will take my favorite knot size, so I have to let it go.
Yes
Rudy Vey - Jade Chubby - Badger
Brush
Used
$75
28 mm TGN Finest knot lofted quite low. This knot will absolutely demolish hard pucks. This brush was my first custom, but I rarely reach for it anymore. It’s an absolute beast.
Yes
Semogue SOC Boar
Brush
Used
$20
Nicely broke in SOC. Just not my jam. I always grab my 30mm Whipped Dog boar.
Yes
Sue Morgan B&B Boar
Brush
Used
$10
The seafoam colorway. One of my absolute favorite handles, but I had to choose between this and my goldschlager boar and that one has a crack, so this one is up for a new home. Broken in as far as I can tell.
Yes
H. L. Thater 4125/2 Badger
Brush
Used - Like New
$90
I love the handle and the size of this knot, but I’ve got to purge. It’s not the softest knot I’ve used, but it’s not a Simpson’s best either. Hint of scritch at times. This will probably go away with extended use.
Yes
AP Shave Co - Tuxedo Knot
Brush
New
$15
I bought this, but then the cashmere knot came out. Will bundle for a reduced price.
Yes
Vie Long 75th Anniversary Badger
Brush
Used - Like New
$100
I should never have bought this. It’s a floppier brush that doesn’t suit my style at all. Great flow through and a lovely handle.
Yes
Whipped Dog Silvertip Badger
Brush
Used
$20
30mm pillowy goodness and I think my first real brush. It does seem to shed, but there is so much hair it doesn’t matter much. The tips are gooey when wet and crunchy when dry.
Yes
Fatip Grande - Gold
DE
Used - Like New
$15
I’ve used it twice I think. Just not my jam. I haven’t noticed any misalignment issues.
Yes
Merkur Futur
DE
Used
$45
My first DE. In very good shape, no pitting. I just don’t need it. Last I used it was to remove pills from my sweaters.
Yes
Razorock Stainless Stealth Slant DLC
DE
Used
$200
Unobtanium. I just don’t use it anymore. I want another user or collector to enjoy this.
Yes
US Gillette Aristocrat
DE
Used
$40
I forget the year, but it’s in user grade shape imo. Priced to sell as such. Bought it on B&B, so I should be able to track down the previous owner if need be.
Yes
Coticule - Hybrid
Hone
Used
$50
Mid range hone imo. The surface grit seems to vary along all of the different surfaces. I liked using it when honing my kitchen knives. It’s lapped flat on both sides.
Yes
Coticule - Les Latneuses
Hone
Used
$40
This hone is pretty damn weird. It can absolutely finish a razor, but I can’t actually figure out what it’s slurry is doing. For a collecte\or that wants to try something new.
Yes
Coticule - Boxed Combo
Hone
Used
$100
Bought off B&B. Wasn’t honing well when I got it, but with a fresh lap, it’s been churning out some good coti edges. You won’t be disappointed with this stone.
Yes
Jnat - Ozuku Koppa - Asagi
Hone
Used
$80
Very fine stone 8 out of 10. Medium hard 4 out of 5. Very capable of finishing a razor. I’ve lapped it quite a bit, but it does have a low spot. I don’t find that this impacts honing and I don’t view the extra wear to be necessary. It is not sealed. I can seal it on request, but this will push out shipping quite a bit.
Yes
Jnat - Takashima Iromono Tomae
Hone
Used
$50
A nice midrange jnat. I peersonally don’t think you can finish off of just it’s slurry. 3-3.5 out of 5 hardness. I prefer using my mystery thuringian for all of my midrange stuff so it has to go.
Yes
Thuringian - French - La Lune Special Stone for Razors?
Hone
Used
$65
Sold as a La Lune special for razors or something like that. It’s got tons of sparkly bits in it and is quite hard. It will absolutely finish a razor, but I find the edges a bit harsh as others have noted for the special stones. I’ve tried it with oil, glycerine, water, and everything in between and they all work. Big ole hunk of stone that comes in it’s own wooden case. Stone does seem to have started to delaminate at some point, but appears very stable.
Yes
Thuringian - Celebrated Water Hone
Hone
Used
$80
I’ve lapped it to true flat and it finishes razors just fine, but I’ve got a far more interesting black thuringian that I like using more due to the tiny width on this guy. The case no longer locks shut.
Yes
Brush and Razor Stand - Wood
Misc.
Used
$7
Pretty much just covering shipping here. I’m going to toss it if it does not sell. More than happy to bundle it with something for a reduced cost.
Yes
Georgetown Pottery Scuttle - G20
Misc.
Used
$30
Bought when I first started shaving. I never use the thing and it’s too pretty to let it sit there. Selling for the half the seconds price when including shipping.
Yes
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
SE
Vintage
$25
Includes 5 gem blades (all I’ve got left). Just trying to give it a good shave home. I’d call it user grade. TTO works just fine. Teeth are straight.
Yes
Wilkinson Sword 7 Day Set
SE
Used
$30
It’s got the original strop in there that’s been refreshed with some neatsfoot oil. I haven’t actually shaved with it yet, but it seems to be in good shape. Not all of the blades appear to be usable. I had intended to figure out a way to hone them back into goodness, but I got lazy. For a collector or someone that wants to put in a little time.
Yes
Barrister & Mann - Dickens
Soap
Used - Like New - 6 lathers
$15
It’s Dickens, notes of cherry, black pepper, nutmeg, cardamom, and lemon into a spicy, sweet, festive scent. I find the cherry, lemon, and cardamon run the show.
Yes
Barrister & Mann - Eventide
Soap
Used - Like New
$15
It’s Eventide, Raspberry, Lime, Rose, Oud. I find the rasberry and oud to rule here. Really nice scent that reminds me of the fruity/leather friendship that goes on with Tom Ford Tuscan Leather.
Yes
Cold River Soap Works- Glide - Olfactory Hue
Soap
Used
$15
Exotic woods of Oudh and Sandalwood mix it up with the earthy scents of Cedar, Fir and the resinous sweet warmth of Frankincense. Just a really nice warm scent. Only getting rid of it to halve my soap collection.
Yes
Beehive Shave Soap/Cream - Crisp Alpine Stream
Croap
Used - Like new - 3 lathers
$15
Nice clean scent. Bit to fluffy of a lather for me. Purchased since it was listed as tier 1 for most of the shave diary cadre. It’s a good croap, just not for my shave style.
Yes
C&E Nomad
Soap
New
$15
I believe this is unobtanium now. Nice middle eastern scent and hording soap for many guys out there. I’ve always found the C&E soaps to lather a bit to fluffy and dry for me. Puck only.
Yes
C&E Sandalwood
Soap
Used
$20
Used maybe 5 times (barely dented even the writing on the puck), the lather just isn’t for me. Purchased at the same time as the nomad a bunch of years ago. Comes with the wooden bowl. Scent is a very many sandalwood.
Yes
Cella
Croap
Used
$10
Classico. Probably 80% left. Love the scent, lather just isn’t up to my standards.
Yes
Cremo Lathering
Croap
Used - Like new - 1 lather
$5
Looking to bundle this one and will significantly lower the price.
Yes
Desmond’s Barrow - Orange Patchouli
Soap
Used - Like new - 2 lathers
$15
Unobtanium now I think. Good all around soap from a small maker that I think started on B&B.
Yes
Desmond’s Barrow - Rosemary Mint
Soap
New
$20
Unobtanium now I think. Good all around soap from a small maker that I think started on B&B.
Yes
Fine American Blend
Soap
Used
$10
I’d really like to bundle this to decrease the price. Fantastic scent and above average performance.
Yes
Fulton & Roark
Brushless Cream
Used - 80% remaining
$10
Works just fine, but not nearly worth it’s selling price. Try it used for a much lower price :).
Yes
Haslinger - Sandelholz
Soap
New
$10
Bundle it up to lower the price. Legendary soap with a nice clean scent. I like the others too much to purge them.
Yes
L&L (Declaration) Grooming - Cuir Et Epices
Soap
Used - like new - 1 lather
$15
Super clean leather scent. Just like fresh suede and a comforting smell in the morning or night or anytime. Fantastic lather off this soap.
Yes
L&L (Declaration) Grooming - Darkfall
Soap
Used - 75% remaining
$12
I honestly thought I was going to keep this, but it’s a heavy scent hitter and ultimately didn’t make the cut. Fantastic soap performance though. Super creamy and moisturizing.
Yes
La Toja - Stick
Soap
Used - Like new - 2 lathers I think
$10
Honestly, I might pay you to take it if you buy all of the other sticks. It just smells like fresh diapers to me. I also had tingles on my skin when using, so...not for me.
Yes
Le Pere Lucien - Cedre Patchouli 200g
Croap
Used - 80%
$15
Fantastic soap, but something in it does not react well with my face. The smell is a woody wonderland.
Yes
LEA stick
Soap
Used - 3 lathers
$8
Please bundle it with the other sticks for a reduced cost. I actually like the performance, I just really don’t need it in the den.
Yes
LEA Stick
Soap
New
$10
Please bundle it with the other sticks for a reduced cost. Good performing stick.
Yes
Mike’s Natural Soaps - Barbershop
Soap
Used
$12
One of my favorite barbershop scents. Just wasn’t good for daily 3017 shaving for me. Loved the one off shaves in a rotation though
Yes
Mike’s Natural Soaps - Hungarian Lavender
Soap
Used - 3 lathers I think
$13
Perhaps the best lavender scent out there. I think I lather it 3 times, but it might be brand new. I haven’t used it in years.
Yes
Mike’s Natural Soaps - Wild Honeysuckle
Soap
New
$15
Lovely scent. I would be busting it out in a couple of months, if I wasn’t doing the whole 3017 soap thing.
Yes
Nanny’s Silly Soap - Bamboo and White Grape
Soap
Used - 1 lather
$7
Bought on sale super cheap when I bought my Funf. Just trying to cover the cost of shipping, so price will drop when bundled. It’s actually a really great soap that is hardly mentioned.
Yes
Palmolive Stick
Soap
New
$10
Great performer. Will drop price when bundled. Give these sticks a home!
Yes
Pannacrema - Labdano
Soap
New
$12
Honestly, the scent on the pannacrema’s might be going or it might just be how it smelled. I never got to try it in it’s heyday. For someone that really loves pannacrema and wants to hoard it.
Yes
Pannacrema - Libanese
Soap
New
$12
Honestly, the scent on the pannacrema’s might be going or it might just be how it smelled. I never got to try it in it’s heyday. For someone that really loves pannacrema and wants to hoard it.
Yes
Pre de Provence
Soap
Used - 90% remaining
$12
I’ve been trying to kill this puck for years. It wears harder than diamond. Fantastic clean scent that is slightly green, it creates a dry, fluffy lather. Doesn’t really suit my style, but it does shave well. I recommend my Rudy Vey jade chubby in order finally put this puck out of it’s misery.
Yes
Proraso Blue
Cream
Used - 60% remaining
$8
Mostly shipping cost here. Lovely cream and the only cream I’ve ever really liked. Slightly medicinal scent.
Yes
Proraso Single Blade - Cypress & Vetiver
Cream
Used - Like New - 3 lathers
$15
Almost as good as the blue, this is supposedly meant for straights. I genuinely enjoyed the bag dispensing method, just don’t go playing punch the bag with it after a couple of cold ones.
Yes
Razorock - Mudder Focker
Croap
Used
$9
A legendary razorock product imo. One of the very few that punches way above it’s weight and the scent is quite nice to boot.
Yes
Razorock - The Dead Sea
Croap
Used
$10
I really wanted to like this. I was coming off using AYLM Krokos for quite a few months and wanted to continue the TFS trend, but it was not to be. The scent is quite interesting and zippy, almost acidic in nature if that can be believed.
Yes
Razorock - XXX Duro
Soap
Used - like new
$9
2 out of the 3 Duro’s I have available are new and unused, but I can’t remember which one, so they are all being sold as like new. The used one has 3 lathers on it. Very, very slick razorock formulation with a nice citrusey scent. Highly recommended.
Yes
Razorock - XXX Duro
Soap
Used - like new
$9
2 out of the 3 Duro’s I have available are new and unused, but I can’t remember which one, so they are all being sold as like new. The used one has 3 lathers on it. Very, very slick razorock formulation with a nice citrusey scent. Highly recommended.
Yes
Razorock - XXX Duro
Soap
Used - like new
$9
Yes
Saponificio Bignoli - Agrumi del Mediterraneo
Croap
New
$15
Really nice citrus scent. Lathers well. I would compare it to upper end TFS soaps.
Yes
Saponificio Bignoli - Violetta di Parma
Croap
Used - Like new - Two Lathers
$12
I have learned an important lesson here; violet is not for me. That said, I also kind of dig the flowery scent from this one. Good mid tier soap.
Yes
Wilkinson Sword Stick
Soap
New
$10
The infamous blue stick. You can’t go wrong. It’s my go to travel stick now that I’ve killed my MW ginger peach.
Yes
Kamisori - Azuma
Straight
Used - I am the first user as far as I know.
$30
Kamisori’s just aren’t my thing. I have no complaints with it.
Yes
CJB Artist Club Kamisori
Straight
Used
$15
Uses artist club style blades. I actually like using it better than the Azuma. I’m only getting rid of it, since my RR Hawk suits me better and I like real straights quite a bit more. I’ll be happy to bundle with the KAI pinks I have listed. Width 18.7-15.9mm. Spine 5.3mm.
Yes
C.V. Heljestrand MK24
Straight
Used
$50
Honestly, I’m probably going to regret letting this one go. It’s a lovely shaver and my smallest currently. The current edge is absolutely wicked. Width 14.6--14 mm. Spine 4.2-3.4mm. Spike point? Spine is not flat. Spotting on the back center. User grade.
Yes
Ern Crown & Sword 1166
Straight
Used lightly
$90
I reallllllly like ERNs. This one is a fine example with the etching still there and everything in very good shape. It’s quite hollow and a loud shave. Width 22mm. Spine 5.4-5.2mm. Centers nicely. Round point.
Yes
Filarmonica Especial Para Barbas Duras 13
Straight
Used
$100
Fairly good shape. It is missing the rubber grommet. I prefer the 14 size. Still etched, light wear. Centers barely to the right. Width 20mm. Spine 6-5.9mm. Square point.
Yes
Filarmonica Inox 13
Straight
Used
$150
Square point. Very light wear. Still has some gold on the blade. Width 20.5mm. Spine 6.35-6.2mm.
Yes
Filarmonica Novodur 13
Straight
Used
$100
Square point. Faint etch on the blade. Little bit of black stain. Centers slightly right. Width 19.3mm. Spine 5.7mm,
Yes
Filarmonica Especial Para Barbas Duras Tridur 14
Straight
Used
$125
Hadn’t planned to sell this one, but I just don’t need it. The previous owner(s) really put it work on the hones, so it’s closer to a 13 size. Square point. Pitting on the spine. Still etched and has the rubber tang. Width 21.8mm. 7.36-7.09mm spine.
Yes
Filarmonica Medallon Taurino 14 - Shorty
Straight
Used
$100
I bought this blade with the intention of restoring it to it’s glory. I also didn’t look closely at the listing images AT All Showed up with a bunch of wear and tear. Looks like some raised the hollow grind up. The definitely made it into a shorty and I don’t think the scales are original. That said, it takes the MOST beautiful edge and I’ve previously used it for 2 months straight with no touch ups. I’ve sanded it slightly, but I like the patina on it and left it as is. Priced higher than it looks, but it’s worth it. Width 24.4-23.7 mm. Spine 6.8-6.6mm.
Yes
GD 66 Bundle
Straight
Used
$50
7 blades. Unmodified and still in the crappy plastic factory sleeves with oil.
Yes
Geneva Cutlery
Straight
Used
$40
One of my first straights. Bought it virtually NOS and hone the crap out of it. Fantastic little shaver. Round point. Pitting at the heel. Random black stain on the blade. Centers nicely. Width 18.7mm. Spine 4.92mm.
Yes
Graco Spike
Straight
Used
$35
Another surprising shaver. It’s an unassuming whisker whacker. Great razor to start out with. Spike point. Width 19.5mm. Spine 5.2mm. A couple of water spots and some small pitting below the pin. Centers.
Yes
Hart Steel Square Point in Driftwood
Straight
Used
$115
Bought for $150 when Hart was selling off stock. It’s got a decent amount of hone wear from me trying to beat it into submission. It’s currently got a killer edge on it. I almost want to keep it now that I’ve got it figured out. Spike point with the driftwood material scales. Centers nicely. Scuff on the show side from a hone at some point. Width 19.5-19mm. Spine 5.3 mm (super tight tolerance on this one).
Yes
Jerry Stark D2
Straight
Used
$150
Bought it used from someone that is on B&B. Micarata scales and a belly grind. Jimpless and tight in it’s scales. Centers left. Width 18.5 -18mm. Spine 4.9mm. Love stropping this thing, but I do not like the jimpless thumbnotch when shaving.
Yes
Otto Deusch’s Hans
Straight
Used
$55
Bought it with the known flawas. Spike point. It’s got a cracked scale at the heel and the scales are slightly curved (warped). That said, it’s quite the looker and shaves nicely. Width 19mm. Spine 4.5mm.
Yes
The Scheon Burg 776
Straight
Used
$70
Bought from Chibi I think. This thing is definitely some quality japanese steel. Width 19.8mm. Spine 6.1-6.2mm. It’s a square point that is engraved, centers nicely. It does have a strong propensity to rust, so please be careful to store it well.
Yes
Union 77
Straight
Used
$50
Purchased in NOS condition, it’s a nice little japanese shaver. Width 21mm. Spine 6.1-5.8mm. It’s got some spotting on the back and pitting one the front. The pitting is not detrimental to the blade. Centers nicely.
Yes
Frederick Reynolds Prince Albert
Straight
Vintage
$60
My only wedge. I rescued this as it was rotting in an antique store. It’s been lightly sanded to remove active rust, but leave the reverse etching. The scales have been sanded and soaked in neatsfoot oil (not sure that the oil did much). Very much user grade, but it’s got a ton of character. The edge is currently not my best, so it will be rehoned prior to sending it out.
Yes
Akribos Mechanical Skeleton
Watch
Used
$50
Rose gold with a braided band. A bit big and ostentatious, but I think it is pretty cool. I purchased it for quite a bit more money, but hope someone will give it a good home and get into mechanical watches.
Yes
Invicta Force - Lefty Chronograph - 3329
Watch
Used
$55
Needs a battery. I love this big watch. Perfect for business casual. Because it is a left watch, it doesn’t dig into your left wrist when it is bent. Standard desk diving wear.
Yes
Invicta Force - Silver Tectured Dial - 15259
Watch
Used
$30
Stainless with a nice dressy look. It is a bit bulky for a dress watch, but I don’t like them dainty. Just needs a battery.
Yes
Invicta Russian Diver - 1090
Watch
Used
$100
Plated with 18kt gold. Standard desk diving wear. The band is quite large, so I would not purchase if you have small wrists. Mechanical skeleton watch.
Yes
Invicta Specialty Tonneau - 14329
Watch
Used
$30
It came with three watch bands, I need to see if I can find the other two. The styling on this watch is great, but you can tell it’s been made a little cheaply when using button complications. Needs a battery. Worn only a couple of times.
Yes

Hart Driftwood
a8af2582b6b1302f385c1c578485f8b0.jpg f659c7d660fbeb82f5090efd907448c6.jpg 6f65b6361fc15e1f130d888fff2cccde.jpg 1c02ae4dc17b51dd77d52a64792a7332.jpg d761a81b509e416e54804786aa1439bb.jpg

Sold pending funds
  • 25 (pending SWMBO approval)
  • 70 (pending picture review)

Oh man, I want that Kamisori - Azuma sooooo bad! Please, no one buy lot 68 until I wear my wife down!!!!

What a fantastic sale. I want every one of those straights, but I actually *need* ( ;) ) the Azuma. Does the Azuma have a shaving edge on it? I've honed straights for 11 years now, but I've never honed a kamisori before.

Your prices on every single thing are just so amazing. You are truly doing the shaving community a great service by pricing at this level.

Wooo Hoooo!!!! The wife just had her gall bladder out, so she's on oxycodone right now. I should ask her permission to buy *all* my shave stuff when she's on oxy!

I have the wife's permission, so I'll take #68, the Kamisori - Azuma!!!

What a fantastic sale. I want every one of those straights, but I actually *need* ( ;) ) the Azuma. Does the Azuma have a shaving edge on it? I've honed straights for 11 years now, but I've never honed a kamisori before.

I'll make sure the Azuma is shaving smoothly before it leaves. I haven't shaved with it in awhile, so it'll be honed tonight and tested tomorrow.

Current sold list:
1 Kai Pink
3 Epsilon 2-band
5 Maseto
6 Italian Plissoft
9 Rudy Vey Jade
10 Semogue SOC
11 Sue Seafoam
15 WD Silvertip
16 Gold Fatip
18 RRSSDLC
25 La Lune
26 Thuri
32 Eventide
43 Haslinger
44 Cuir Et Epices
45 Darkfall
47 Le Pere Lucien
53 NSS
54 Palmolive Stick
57 Pre de Provence
58 Proraso Blue
59 Proraso Cypress
62 RR Duro
67 Wilk Blue Stick
68 Azuma Kami
69 CJB Kami
70 CVH No 24
83 Scheon Berg

Still quite a few items left, I'm more than welcome to offers.

Current Sold List:

1 Kai Pink
3 Epsilon 2-band
5 Maseto
6 Italian Plissoft
9 Rudy Vey Jade
10 Semogue SOC
11 Sue Seafoam
15 WD Silvertip
16 Gold Fatip
17 Merkur Futur
18 RRSSDLC