What's new

Big day today!

Super excited!

Today's morning was my first blood free shave, quite surprisingly with a Feather blade (loaded on EJ DE89).

I understand that this may be common to many here but being relatively new to w/s it felt an achievement towards, slowly, mastering my skills.

Next step, exterminate minor irritations in lower area..

Congratulations. When I was new and getting irritation on my neck, I discovered going with the grain, across the grain and applying zero pressure eliminated any irritation. Once you get the hang of this, you can go WTG, XTG and add against the grain. If you haven't mapped the neck, do so. My neck hair grows in every direction, so it took a bit to figure out my neck shave direction/technique.

Sounds like you're well on your way to many happy shaves!

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Most shavers have an ah-ha moment when they realize their "light" pressure could actually get even lighter. Perfect razor/blade angle takes a while, but less pressure is always available. I remind myself every day.

Congratulations. When I was new and getting irritation on my neck, I discovered going with the grain, across the grain and applying zero pressure eliminated any irritation. Once you get the hang of this, you can go WTG, XTG and add against the grain. If you haven't mapped the neck, do so. My neck hair grows in every direction, so it took a bit to figure out my neck shave direction/technique.

Sounds like you're well on your way to many happy shaves!
+1 All about figuring what works for you. I almost never shave against the grain.

Super excited!

Today's morning was my first blood free shave, quite surprisingly with a Feather blade (loaded on EJ DE89).

I understand that this may be common to many here but being relatively new to w/s it felt an achievement towards, slowly, mastering my skills.

Next step, exterminate minor irritations in lower area..

Congrats! It's a great feeling when everything comes together.

I got one last week, seems to help but on the other had I feel it kind of dries my skin. Time will tell..

I was using alum daily when I started, in order to identify areas that I need to pay attention to while shaving. Perhaps, rinsing it off after a minute and applying some balm during the winter might prevent the dryness.

Congrats, once you master them, Feathers give A+ shaves. Just be carefully handling the blades. I had a 'bloody awful' gash on one finger sometime ago.

Top Bottom