What's new

Big Brush Time - SBAD has set in

I was so convinced I didn't have SBAD. SCAD, sure, I know I have that. RAD real bad. But SBAD, no. One little cheap Vulfix pure, and one Shavemac finest. I am happy with them. Sure, fun to read about Persian Jars, and Saville Rows, and Plissons, and wonder what they are like, but I'm not buying anything else.

And then some gent has to post a Vulfix #41 on SMF for $75 and I just have to buy it, totally on a whim, because as soon as I see it, I have this irresistible urge to know what it is like to use a really big brush....

So yeah, I have that AD too....

I have a 2236 Trumper brush ( made by Vulfix ) and let me tell ya it does not get much more lux than these big boys. Enjoy your new brush.

Now what would be nice is an Omega sized pure badger or silvertip- how many of us would line up to buy that one?

Marty

Emsplace.com has a large selection of Omega pures and silvertips. I just bought the charcoal handled pure - $49.50. It's a beautiful and very well made brush, full and surprisingly soft. I'm quite impressed!

John

greendyk said:
Emsplace.com has a large selection of Omega pures and silvertips. I just bought the charcoal handled pure - $49.50. It's a beautiful and very well made brush, full and surprisingly soft. I'm quite impressed!

John

Nice, is there a 25mm knot on that bad boy?

Joe,

My charcoal is 24mm; she's got a faux ivory that's 25mm. Check her site out, there are 2 pages of Omega brushes. There's also a measurement page for Omegas. I can't believe how soft my Pure is!

John

greendyk said:

John

tyx for the info John- I knew someone on this site would know!

Marty

I kept telling myself I would ignore the temptation of Simpsons. There are so many great brushes that are cheaper. I don't really need any new brushes. Etc. And then, today, two days after buying a Vulfix #41, I find I have again succumbed. To a Simpson PJ3. Used from Leisureguy. ARRGHHH. What's next, a Plisson HWM??!?!?

Hey Moses, is your brush in Best or Super grade? I would be interested to hear your take on this brush. I am waiting for Lee's stock of PJ's to be replentished, and then a PJ2 in Super should be headed my direction.
Thanls, DJ.

Mitch,

I guess I have to stop chuckling at you PJ fanatics now. :rolleyes:

DJ,

Super. I'm really looking forward to seeing what high grade badger hair is like. The best I've used so far is Shavemac finest. It is getting shipping tomorrow - not sure where leisureguy is located though, but I'll report as soon as I get it.

ARRRGHHH!!!!

I believe it is getting worse and worse. I think I just bought a T3 Super. Wanted to be able to compare it to the PJ3. Now I just really want a Harvard 5, so I could compare the Best hair.

moses said:
ARRRGHHH!!!!

I believe it is getting worse and worse. I think I just bought a T3 Super. Wanted to be able to compare it to the PJ3. Now I just really want a Harvard 5, so I could compare the Best hair.
It's all over now Moses, you better hide the credit cards.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Top Bottom