What's new

Bicycle Experts: Pinch Flats info needed

Ive had it with the Conti 5000....got a micro puncture the other day where the air would leak out of the tube overnight.
Took it to the shop and when the guy ran his hand inside the walls he came up with a piece of wire...how the ^%$ that
got in I'll never know...any way Ive had enough of this BS. These are my new (old tyres)..winging their way over from
the uk.

an absolute legend of a tyre...cant recommend them highly enough....weigh just 220g (700X28) and tough as nails.

Last edited:
Ive had it with the Conti 5000....got a micro puncture the other day where the air would leak out of the tube overnight.
Took it to the shop and when the guy ran his hand inside the walls he came up with a piece of wire...how the ^%$ that got in I'll never know...any way Ive had enough of the is BS. These are my new (old tyres)..winging their way over from the uk.

an absolute legend of a tyre...cant recommend them highly enough....weigh just 220g (700X28) and tough as nails.

Conti GP 4 Seasons is the best all around road tire I have found to date for my city street (glass, debris etc) cycling. Welcome back to the club.

Those GP 5000s were underwhelming.
Still haven’t worn the moulding line of the front tire of my Gator Hardshells... I really don’t notice a huge weight increase or performance loss with these more durable tires. I wonder what the weight difference is between the Four Seasons and Hardshells...

Add: 240 vs 320g for the 700x28mm foldables

Last edited:
My GP 4 Seasons finally arrived...I think there's a run on the market for these....
the Corona really messed up their supply chain. So happy they're here...now the fun really
begins...cant wait to give those GP5000s away.

IMG_7923.jpg

Update on my Gator Hardshells: the moulding line is gone from the rear tire, but I can still see a bit of the line up front. I don't know how many miles I have on them, but I might swap front to rear soon. Sidewalls look great. My son developed a sidewall cut in one of the older GP4000s IIs on my old bike last week. I also heard about another guy who developed a cut in the sidewall of a relatively new 5000. I would definitely not recommend the 5000s unless you are really concerned about grams and don't mind low durability.

Top Bottom