What's new

Bicester England

Penhaligon's Outlet Store carries mostly discontinued items at reduced prices. (And someone said the Bicester did not rate its own thread!:eek: Twaddle! Piffle!)
Bicester - England
Outlet Store
Penhaligon's
Unit 6B
Bicester Village
50 Pingle Drive
Bicester
Oxon
OX26 6WD
Telephone: +44 (0) 1869 250 400
Facsimile: +44 (0) 1869 250 382

Might go for a look soon.

Haven't been to Bicester (pronounced bister for our American friends!) for a while and it's only a short distance from me, not far from where the RAF harrier jump jet crashed onto a police car this evening! No fatalities.

Gareth

Yep, my girlfriend is a big fan of Penhaligon and goes to Bicester A LOT as her bathroom will testify. She sometimes comes back with the occasional little pressie. The last one was 100ml of Blenheim Bouquet.

guenron said:
Penhaligon's Outlet Store carries mostly discontinued items at reduced prices. (And someone said the Bicester did not rate its own thread!:eek: Twaddle! Piffle!)
That would have been me:tongue: Bicester is my home town, and there isn't a day that goes by that I am not thankful to be out of that wretched little hovel:tongue: :tongue: Unfortunately for me a recent change in my living situation means I may be moving back to one of its satellite villages, a thought too terrible to even contemplate (for my American friends, a village in England, is what you guy's refer to as a shopping mall in the US.)
Seriously though, I am a huge Penhaligon's fan, and not knowing that they had an outlet store in my own back garden is a bit of a black eye for me. If anyone does visit though, remember, Bicester Village Shopping Centre is only one side of the town. Try walking through the centre after dark and see how far you can get without being mugged, or you could visit the Glory Farm Housing Estate, home of the largest congregation of free range heroin addicts in Europe.:lol:

Wet shaves elsewhere Gentlemen’s Tonic, 31 Bruton Place, London W1 (020 7297 4343) £28; Male Concept, 35 The Goffs, Eastbourne, East Sussex (01323 735 648) £15; The Male Retreat at Austin Reed, 103 Regent Street, London W1 (020 7534 7719) £26; Murdock, 340 Old Street, London EC1 (020 7729 2288) £32.50; The Refinery at Harrods, Knightsbridge, London SW1 (020 7893 8332 ) £40; Truefitt & Hill, 71 St James Street, SW1 (020 7493 8496) £35

Found this in an article in the Times-

Man never had much desire to travel to England before (no offense to the British patrons of the board) but the more time I spend here the more I want to do just that... Are there any companies offering a "Shaving Tour of England?"

I've always suspected an outlet store over there. There was a rash of Blenheim Bouquet for sale last December on eBay. I got a 200ml splash bottle of BB for $45 shipped.

For anyone visiting the Oxford area the Bicester shopping village is well worth a visit, with two outlets of interest to wet shavers - Penhaligons and L'Occitane. I picked up English Fern (in a bowl) from Penhaligon for just over £20 and a very smart black/chrome Penhaligon shave/brush stand for £11 - reduced from £51! No Blenheim Bouquet unfortunately - "too popular" the assistant said! Plenty of good deals on Castile, Opus, etc shave creams though - most around half the normal price. Quite a small shop but worth the visit.

L'Occitane is also well worth a visit - I stocked up on Cade soap pucks (3 for £15) and good deals on the Cade balm as well - (2 for £24)! I came away well satisfied. No need to buy anything else for at least a couple of weeks... :)

For anyone planning to visit the website is here:

http://www.bicestervillage.com/sem10discount/BV_EN/?gclid=CPvF7viVjpoCFRMhnAodEmAwQw

You can apply for a 10% discount voucher which is accepted by both shops incidentally.

The one place around here you can be guaranteed to get 'Blenheim Bouquet' is Blenheim Palace itself - just about a mile or so from where I live. No discount though - £35 a pop when I looked in the gift shop! Guess I'll just have to grit my teeth and pay-up I suppose... :lol:

On occasion T K Max in England sells Penhaligons at low low prices.

I purchased a tub of "Citrus" shaving cream for £4 to give it a try. The problem is it isn't a cream, but a soap. It works just fine and the citrus scent is of a good quality but its not in the class of say AOS soap for example. I think its a glycerin based soap. It isn't high on my wish list to purchase again.

Top Bottom