What's new

Bic Hybrid 2

99 cent store
I only have one true “everythings a dollar” store near me, a no name one but they dont carry razors. Dollar Tree carries Barbasol disposables (Dorco) 5 for a buck, but it is like a 20 minute drive. Dollar General is misnamed but they only carry the 10 pack.

Just tried these out of curiosity and they do give a decent closer shave than the Gillette Skinguard, if it's closeness you're looking for. I did two passes with touch ups. However. I don't think they're very kind to the skin and much prefer the look and feel of a Skinguard shave.
All in all you get what you pay for and when I use it again it will just be a one pass SAS and out the door. Take them for your overnight trips, as you wouldn't be broken hearted if you lost, or left it behind.

Just tried these out of curiosity and they do give a decent closer shave than the Gillette Skinguard, if it's closeness you're looking for. I did two passes with touch ups. However. I don't think they're very kind to the skin and much prefer the look and feel of a Skinguard shave.
All in all you get what you pay for and when I use it again it will just be a one pass SAS and out the door. Take them for your overnight trips, as you wouldn't be broken hearted if you lost, or left it behind.
My first shave was a little unkind to my skin but I found that you have to use very light pressure unlike most carts. All my shaves after the first have been great.

The Flex Hybrids 2 thru 4 have a common docking system. I have them all but have only tried the 2. The handles for the 2 and 3 are identical only a different color, and are all plastic. Identical handle to the Comfort 3 hybrid only that handle is mostly orange.

The 4 has a slightly nicer handle because it is partly rubber, but the pivot is not as smooth because of the design. I put a 4 cart on a 2 handle and the pivot is great though I haven't used it to shave yet. I think that is why the 4 has gotten bad reviews around the internet.

The 5, which I also have but haven't tried, has a very subtle difference in the handle and cart so the 2 thru 4 carts will not fit on it. It has a smooth pivot though and seems to be a favorite of many.

Oh, I am stupid. The Flex3 and 4 carts do fit on the Flex5 Hybrid handle! The Flex2 kind of fits but doesn't really pivot. Sorry. I must have rushed when I tried or assumed the Flex2 carts were exactly the same as the 3 and 4. But I still think the Flex 4 pivots better on a Flex2 or 3 handle, and definitely the Flex5 handle. There is a slight difference in the pivot button on the Flex5 handle and the Flex4.

It really doesn't matter too much anyway since the handle comes with the carts.

Exactly!
Your skin changes as it ages. Never used to suffer with irritation, but have to be more careful now.
Just curious, but have you had any luck with other flexing blades, Bics or any other brands?

I like the Schick Xtreme 3 sensitive disposables where the whole cart flexes. You have to use a lot of pressure but it shaves great with no irritation. I bought a heavy handle under the Wilkinson Sword brand and installed the cart on that and it is even better.

I normally use DE, but decided to revisit cartridges. Up to now I've recently used Gillette Sensor Excel, Mach 3 and Gillette Skinguard and liked the results of all three.

I normally use DE, but decided to revisit cartridges. Up to now I've recently used Gillette Sensor Excel, Mach 3 and Gillette Skinguard and liked the results of all three.
It will be quite a few years for my shave count with DEs and injectors to equal my shave count with carts. I still use carts too.

Havent used Skinguard but Ive used the other 2. There are less expensive options just as good which I have talked about in other threads. If you are interested but cant find them, then send me a PM.

Havent used Skinguard but Ive used the other 2. There are less expensive options just as good which I have talked about in other threads. If you are interested but cant find them, then send me a PM.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. I don't need to go down anymore rabbit holes seeking...

You should definitely try the Skinguard though. I read in another thread that you're prone to nicks and cuts even with cartridges. I don't think you'll get any with a Skinguard, they give an excellent irritation free shave, with no effort whatsoever. I would say it's Gillette's best ever effort for men with sensitive skin irritation and they know it, hence the high price. There's bound to be some offers kicking about. Do your skin a favour.

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. I don't need to go down anymore rabbit holes seeking...

You should definitely try the Skinguard though. I read in another thread that you're prone to nicks and cuts even with cartridges. I don't think you'll get any with a Skinguard, they give an excellent irritation free shave, with no effort whatsoever. I would say it's Gillette's best ever effort for men with sensitive skin irritation and they know it, hence the high price. There's bound to be some offers kicking about. Do your skin a favour.
[/QUOTE]
Try the Skin Guard and let us know. I use them for head shaving when in a hurry and like them a lot

Just writing to add that the updated Bic razors that indicated they have a titanium coating are definitely longer lasting. I recently directly tried the Bic Flex 4 Sensitive in the older version and the new titanium version, and the longevity of the titanium one was at least 50% longer. Also, it did not have a quick drop-off in performance, like the older one did. It should be noted that the titanium coating was used on the Personna 74, and is one of the reasons for its longevity. After Philip Morris sold of ASR/Personna in a leveraged buyout, the tungsten namesake of the blade remained, but the titanium coating was dropped.

My first shave was a little unkind to my skin but I found that you have to use very light pressure unlike most carts. All my shaves after the first have been great.

Aside from blade flex, this cart system has no suspension. So it's a little harsh if you aren't careful.

Top Bottom