What's new

Bic de blade

As I was saying earlier, "love it or hate it." How it is possible for the same brand of blades to have such diametrically opposed opinions is beyond me.
I know this is a bit late to jump in, but I find that blade discussions are always very polarised. Some people's grail blade will end up in another guys trash can after half a shave. Just the way it is. For example I love the much hated Derby Professionals, most people think there pants. 😁

Highly depends on the razor for me they work wonders in the r48/50 and broman but give a scary Halloween in some of my de razors.... still next time I need to order blades for the former they are on my list. They last long and are comfy paired with the right razor

I am also amazed at the extremes of opinions on BICs. In fact, I was hesitant to try them for a long, long time due to all the negative reviews. I thought there must be quality control issues to have such divergent opinions. I love the sharpest possible blades as I have pretty tough whiskers and used to be a twice a day shaver to keep the little lady happy. My favorites were GSBs, Feathers, Nacets, Gillette 7 O'Clock Blacks, all very sharp blades. I finally tried BICs and I couldn't be more satisfied. Very sharp, smooth, and long lasting. My favorite razor with them is my Timeless .95 SS OC and is my daily driver. Everyday BBS with weepers or irritation being uncommon. I haven't really tried them in anything a lot more aggressive because most of my other razors are in retirement since I added an OC to the Timeless .95. Aggressive enough and yet very smooth with sharp blades. To me, BIC is a definite winner.

Hate them to. To me they where as bad as Dorco. Tugging like crazy. I have no clue how people can find them sharp. Maybe my pack of 100 was somehow faulty, but I could hardly shave with them. I usually use Astra, GSB and Permasharp. I also like the yellow Gillettes from India. Feathers are OK, but they tend to loose their sharpness after apx. second shave, and that ist more annoyeing than anything else. My razors are EJ 3one6 and Fatip Grande (OC). For travelling i am using a Lord L6.

I went thru a sample pack of nearly everything, BiC were in my top 3.

Get a tuck of 5 or sample a couple from a sampler pack. Then test them out and see if they work for you. It's the only way to tell, reviews and opinions are useless.

Just about the worst blade I've ever used. Felt like a no name China blade. I would say they were probably counterfeits, but I tried them twice with a 9 year gap. Identically terrible both times.

BIC's are among my top favorites. Warning - unless you are a tenured shaver and can control it, the BIC may be dangerous and under perform in the hands of inexperienced youngsters.

It’s possible the one and only sample blade I got was a phony, but it was utter garbage. It had extreme difficulty cutting through my coarse stubble, trying like heck to just pull it out instead. I had to swap to a proper blade mid-shave.

The experience reminded me of the time I was made to dry shave with a disposable razor in basic training.

Again, it could have been a fake, but it was absolutely a horrid piece of trash.

YMMV.

I've tried the BIC's in several Techs, Pre War & Post War, My New LC & SC's, 40's style Super Speed & newer varieties, Slim, Super Adjustables, and even in my Old Types, and they perform great. They are among my top 3 go-to blades.

Top Bottom