What's new

BIC Chromium Platinum

They are very nice performers. Excellent mix of smooth and sharp. I've noticed they perform a bit better with a long handled semi-aggressive razor.

I keep trying to really like these blades as I keep giving them several chances to prove to me that they are worth their high price. Still these blades just seem to be average. I get some tugging no matter if it is a new blade or one on its second and third use. The price of these blades have dropped, but still are higher than Voskhod and Shark Super Chrome which provide me with much better results. I still have another pac of these blades and will use them, but I want reorder any of these blades again.

Worst blades I've ever tried. And I got the Everything Sampler from WCS. I tried three at intervals to see if it was me or the blade. The remainder are now on kitchen duty.

Worst blades I've ever tried. And I got the Everything Sampler from WCS. I tried three at intervals to see if it was me or the blade. The remainder are now on kitchen duty.
well then, from your everything sampler, which ones did you find great---------was Astras sp and personna reds in there

well then, from your everything sampler, which ones did you find great---------was Astras sp and personna reds in there

My favorite were the now out-of-production Super Iridiums, closely followed by Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellows. The third blade in my personal trinity (which was not in the sampler) is Personna Med Prep.

The two you mention were in the sampler. Personna Reds are good blades and I'd be happy to use them (I did my DE training on Wal-Mart Personnas and liked them a lot). I did not care at all, however, for the Astras, and notice a marked difference between them and the other Russian blades, purportedly from the same plant in St. Petersburg.

Of the "non-premium" blades I've tried, my favorite were Sharks and Lord Platinums. As always with blades, YMMV.

Last edited:
In my EJ89L I found them to be pretty sharp but a bit rough. While on balance they seemed good, for me there are much better blades at that price. For example, I purchased Gillette Yellows (when Connaught was selling them for cheap) and Perma-sharp Supers (on eBay)--much better for me--in large bulk for about the same price as the BIC Chromiums.

My experience as well. I'm working my way through the "everything" WCS sampler and the Bic blades just shredded me, and I'm not a noob. Tried two blades, both bit me, I will try them no more. The 7 O'clock Yellows are my favorites in the sampler so far. Astras are in second place. The Personna Reds were ok, but I won't be buying them.

BIC chromes are super underrated blades and ur right they don't get alot of play around here. But I try to spread the message whenever I get a chance to. They are great quality blades IMO.

BIC blades work quite well for me. They are one of the four blades in my rotation along with Feathers, Labs and Meds. When my pack is finished I will defintely order another 100.

I am new but did felt that my fave blade was a red IP followed by Astra, derbys have been smooth but not as close. My barber gave me a five pack and I am now on my third blade and I love them. No pulling at all other blades including feathers that I have tried have pulled even if its just bit on my jaw line. Derby dont pull but my shave was not as close. Bic are now my fave blade. Will probably be my first 100 pack. Does bestshave.net have the best price?

Actually tried my first Bic the other night, was the most comfortable blade yet on my neck and shaved the closest there & elsewhere too. Its right there with the Crystals for closeness and comfort for my face. Need to give this blade a few more test shaves, but I already ordered 100 lot, I'm that confident this might be my blade of choice. It's truly amazing how certain blades give great closeness and comfort to individual shavers, while others can't stand the same blade. I've yet to find a Gillette (yellow, black, or dark blue) that is comfortable and doesn't slice me open as careful and gentle as I try to be.

Just tried the Bic in my trusty EJ 89L and am very impressed - in fact these might now replace Gillette Yellows and Astra SPs as my favourite blades. Usually have trouble with thick whiskers on the jaw line but the Bic mowed down the stubble with ease. Also I was surprised at just how smooth these blades are. I would have gone for a four or five pass shave if three hadn't been enough for BSS. In summary, I would say these blades are almost like Feathers in terms of sharpness but without the harshness.

These blades should definitely get more love.

Top Bottom