What's new

Bic chrome platinum blades

Same feeling so far in my Rockwell 6s. They feel rough for me too.

You mean rough in the 6S?

I found the same! It took like 3 shaves to smooth out a little so definitely a no go in the 6S, or other razors.

In the Karve (D plate), after the first shave, it was very smooth and very close. Still not as good as Polsilver but definitely very good!

You mean rough in the 6S?

I found the same! It took like 3 shaves to smooth out a little so definitely a no go in the 6S, or other razors.

In the Karve (D plate), after the first shave, it was very smooth and very close. Still not as good as Polsilver but definitely very good!
Yes. Rockwell 6s. I am doing a basic report of several blades in 6s. I have yet to try a Polsilver balde.

Reactions: nav
From my experience (CP's), these are razor dependent like @nav said. They are decent in my Merkur and not great in my Superspeed. But they are gold in my Blue Tip. I've had to check to make sure I loaded a blade a few times. They last about a week worth of shaves for me. I haven't tried the Astors yet so I guess I will have to buy some and see.

Reactions: nav
From my experience (CP's), these are razor dependent like @nav said. They are decent in my Merkur and not great in my Superspeed. But they are gold in my Blue Tip. I've had to check to make sure I loaded a blade a few times. They last about a week worth of shaves for me. I haven't tried the Astors yet so I guess I will have to buy some and see.

I feel we are getting to the bottom of why these are such a love/hate blade. More than basically any other blade I've read about.

I think my Astors are the same. They feel almost as sharp as the Chrome Platinums, but not as smooth and a bit harsh. I've used 2 blades so far and the result was the same. The opened blades was used only once.

View attachment 1252692View attachment 1252693

I think a microscope USB check of the two blades Bic Astor Stailess and Bic Chrome could tell us if they are identical or not. Maybe colleague @South Dakota Guy can help us with solving this mystery (in the hope that he has the two blades) ?

I do not have those blades
I have the Astors, and I might have a BIC CP left too, I can send you both if that is the case.
Yep, I do have both. If you want, you can share an address and I will ship them to you.

IMG_20210503_183258.jpg

Chrome Platinums are my favorites, tried some Astors and I doubt they're the same. Were less comfortable/efficient than the Chromes when I tried them in the same razor

Chrome platinums are among my favorite blades in mild razors. They are sharp out of the gate but increase sharpness on usage. So better be carefull on day 2/3 in a more agresssive razor. In my snmirn i did not notice it but it was skinning time.
But they are loooooovely in my broman and focus dynamic r48

Fake Astors. Have we come to that point? It's a low tier blade. Haven't seen those yet, but then again I don't like them and don't buy them. Just have a few packs left from a few years ago. You learn something new every day.
And speaking of Astors I now remember I have 3-4 70s packs of Red Astors and white Astors. Now that's a different story.

Top Bottom