What's new

BIC Chrome Platinum - Amazing Blades

7 have been trying several blades in my new Rockwell 6s razor including Bic Chrome.

Here are my comments on it :

I plan to give this blade another try.

Reactions: saj
7 have been trying several blades in my new Rockwell 6s razor including Bic Chrome.

Here are my comments on it :

I plan to give this blade another try.
interesting experience you had and it sounds like you gave the blade a fair few goes too

thanks for sharing the link to your thread mate :)

I used one last week with my RR Lupo 95, no complaints regarding sharpness, but I could not figure this blade out yet. It felt sharp, but it left stubble in my trouble spots (chin area). It left so much I had to hit the same area during the 1st pass 2-3 times to get rid of the stubble (48h of growth). It didn't feel harsh, but I got some minor irritation during the shave that was confirmed by a little stinging from the after shave. I also got 2-3 of the smallest weepers each shave.
I wanted to see how it compares to feather, so I switched to a feather for the next shaves. The feather can take down my beard better, even though it does not feel much sharper. More importantly, if I don't over-buff during cleanup, there is no irritation and no weepers.
I will definitely try the BIC again because it is promising, maybe I can even figure out the anomaly of being sharp but not cutting. For now I see it as a feather substitute, if you can't buy feather for whatever reason, buy a tuck of BIC.

I used one last week with my RR Lupo 95, no complaints regarding sharpness, but I could not figure this blade out yet. It felt sharp, but it left stubble in my trouble spots (chin area). It left so much I had to hit the same area during the 1st pass 2-3 times to get rid of the stubble (48h of growth). It didn't feel harsh, but I got some minor irritation during the shave that was confirmed by a little stinging from the after shave. I also got 2-3 of the smallest weepers each shave.
I wanted to see how it compares to feather, so I switched to a feather for the next shaves. The feather can take down my beard better, even though it does not feel much sharper. More importantly, if I don't over-buff during cleanup, there is no irritation and no weepers.
I will definitely try the BIC again because it is promising, maybe I can even figure out the anomaly of being sharp but not cutting. For now I see it as a feather substitute, if you can't buy feather for whatever reason, buy a tuck of BIC.
yea feather are good but i find them to be sharp but not smooth and can cause me irritation otherwise yea i like the blades as i have thick coarse hair i need a blade thats got some decent sharpness to it

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Bic. France. Blades made in Greece. I just got them in in one day shipping Will try them tonight. I’ve got 3 days of growth so these reportedly sharp blades might be the ticket.

Last edited:
Bic. France. Blades made in Greece. I just got them in in one day. Will try them tonight. I’ve git 3 days of growth so these reportedly sharp blades might be the ticket.
Cool, how many times you get?

Let us know how the shave goes

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Very nice blades indeed. Very sharp. Took down 3 days + of heavy growth no problem. I got a few small weepers that weren’t bad the cold water rinse took care of that. But all in all very nice. Sharp and fairly smooth. Interesting to see how they will be everyday.

I got 2 Bics from the Great Blade Exchange. I have read mostly good things about them and was eager to try them. My first couple strokes felt (seemingly) sharp, but as I continued I noticed a lot of tugging. I 'finished' (I use the term more than loosely) the first pass on one cheek then checked to see what the stubble reduction was like . . . I was astonished to feel practically no reduction whatsoever. I went over the other cheek -- same thing. I really had to push myself to complete an entire pass with this blade. I was (still am) completely befuddled by how it could fail so utterly. I can't say it was painful, and I didn't get any nicks, but it wasn't comfortable and there was, near as I could tell, precious little stubble reduction.

I removed the blade after that first pass and put in a Nacet, another blade I got from the GBE. That was the polar opposite of the Bic -- smooth, sharp, zero tugging.

Maybe I got a bad blade. I gave the other blade to my son to try to see what he thinks of it. I really wanted to like the Bics, but based on that pass alone I can't see myself going back for seconds.

Very nice blades indeed. Very sharp. Took down 3 days + of heavy growth no problem. I got a few small weepers that weren’t bad the cold water rinse took care of that. But all in all very nice. Sharp and fairly smooth. Interesting to see how they will be everyday.
You glad you got them? Lol

Which razor you used? Was it a mild Razor?

I got 2 Bics from the Great Blade Exchange. I have read mostly good things about them and was eager to try them. My first couple strokes felt (seemingly) sharp, but as I continued I noticed a lot of tugging. I 'finished' (I use the term more than loosely) the first pass on one cheek then checked to see what the stubble reduction was like . . . I was astonished to feel practically no reduction whatsoever. I went over the other cheek -- same thing. I really had to push myself to complete an entire pass with this blade. I was (still am) completely befuddled by how it could fail so utterly. I can't say it was painful, and I didn't get any nicks, but it wasn't comfortable and there was, near as I could tell, precious little stubble reduction.

I removed the blade after that first pass and put in a Nacet, another blade I got from the GBE. That was the polar opposite of the Bic -- smooth, sharp, zero tugging.

Maybe I got a bad blade. I gave the other blade to my son to try to see what he thinks of it. I really wanted to like the Bics, but based on that pass alone I can't see myself going back for seconds.
Wow very sad to read that, all I can think is it might have been a dud blade?

I had a similar experience, as I reported earlier in the thread, but I did not get tugging, it just left a lot behind and I had to hit the same spot many times during the 1st pass. I try to use no pressure at all. It is quite puzzling because, as you said, it feels sharp.

I like them quite a lot. It helps to match them with the right razor.

What is strange is I find them very sharp and smooth, as do a lot of other people. Then, other people say they hardly cut anything, tug and pull? That is very weird.

I like them quite a lot. It helps to match them with the right razor.

What is strange is I find them very sharp and smooth, as do a lot of other people. Then, other people say they hardly cut anything, tug and pull? That is very weird.
Yea don't understand that too

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
You glad you got them? Lol

Which razor you used? Was it a mild Razor?
My first use was a karve c plate open comb. I’ll try it next in timeless 68 oc. Both razors are go to razors and I’m very comfortable with them and trying new blades. I’ve read where folks need a specific match up but my strategy is to use a razor I know and like and (more importantly) that likes me back.

Top Bottom