What's new

BIC Chrome Platinum - Amazing Blades

hey there people, so just used a BIC Chrome Platinum blade in the henson de razor,
wow what a de razor blade, really sharp and smooth too,
really need to try out a few more BIC Chrome Platinums out to see how good it is compared to say
the gillette nacets, astra sp's etc

so far this blade has to be up there with the nacets, really underrated blade imo,
which doesnt get as much limelight as other de blades

i will say i found it to be very sharp and very smooth,
i got a lot less irritation then say the feather de blades or wilkinson sword de blades

also i like the look of the logo on the de blades, just looks old skool imo

anyways how do you rate the BIC Chrome Platinums?
imo up there with the best and thats just after one use tbh

1623559002152.jpeg

hey there people, so just used a BIC Chrome Platinum blade in the henson de razor,
wow what a de razor blade, really sharp and smooth too,
really need to try out a few more BIC Chrome Platinums out to see how good it is compared to say
the gillette nacets, astra sp's etc

so far this blade has to be up there with the nacets, really underrated blade imo,
which doesnt get as much limelight as other de blades

i will say i found it to be very sharp and very smooth,
i got a lot less irritation then say the feather de blades or wilkinson sword de blades

also i like the look of the logo on the de blades, just looks old skool imo

anyways how do you rate the BIC Chrome Platinums?
imo up there with the best and thats just after one use tbh

View attachment 1280917
I too find these blades to be underrated. Sharp, smooth and they give me 6-7 good shaves.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

I have used the BIC Chrome Platinum in both the Henson AL13 Medium and the Ti22 Aggressive with fantastic results. I purchased 100 of them after using 3 blades and having fantastic shaves. Also, the BIC's are reasonably priced when purchasing 100. In the Hensons, I have also had great results from Gillette Rubie and Nacets....as well as Lord Silver Stars and Lord Shark Super Stainless.
As with everything YMMV.

BIC PLATINUM CHROME are my "Feather 2.0". Excellent blade for my face. Almost as sharp as Feathers, but the sharpness lasts significantly longer...

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
For me just a great blade. I would say as sharp as a Feather, but I got through one blade for February with just one BIC, 28 3 pass shaves. It was a bit ropey the last few shaves, but it made it. I currently have about 13 BICs, should be enough for a year's worth of shaves.

I am using my first BIC Chrome Platinum blade and so far I am very impressed. I have 12 shaves on the blade and it still seems to be sharp and smooth. I am also using a Feather in my current DE blade rotation with 10 shaves on it and both blades seem very similar to me. The Feather seems to have slightly better sharpness and the BIC seems to have slightly better smoothness. At first I was using them in my RazoRock SLOC and now I am using them in my RazoRock Lupo .95. They seem to perform really well in both razors. When the blades were brand new they were perfect for me in the milder SLOC and now with more shaves on the blades they are performing great for me in the more aggressive Lupo .95.

One of my "must have stash". These blades are awesome, super sharp and smooth, not so expensive like feathers, but at maybe the same level of sharpness, works almost with every razor I own. They have Astor, for my face it is the same blade, although the opinions are very different. It gave me the same irritation as the plat version at the first shave at exactly the same spots, the price I cannot comment, because the Astor was a gift and I didn't googled more for them. For me Bic is a solid performer and should be tried.

It's pretty much the only blade I use these days as it's the one blade that I can consistently use across various razors without issue or with very few weepers worst case scenario

I have used the BIC Chrome Platinum in both the Henson AL13 Medium and the Ti22 Aggressive with fantastic results. I purchased 100 of them after using 3 blades and having fantastic shaves. Also, the BIC's are reasonably priced when purchasing 100. In the Hensons, I have also had great results from Gillette Rubie and Nacets....as well as Lord Silver Stars and Lord Shark Super Stainless.
As with everything YMMV.
mate im just checking out the prices on ebay uk tempted to stock up even though i got over 400 odd blades lol

I have a tough beard and sensitive skin. BIC Chrome Platinum blades are some of my favorites. They are super sharp, so they slice through my beard, but they are smooth enough to be used without irritating my skin. Of course, for many people, they are going to be too sharp to use in an aggressive razor.

I question the comment by @albsat about the BICs not working in a Rockwell 6S. Since the razor comes with six plates allowing the razor to be adjusted, I would have thought at least one of the plates would have worked with BICs. If he only tried one of the more aggressive plates, then I can understand the blade not working.

One thing I will say about BIC blades is that they will let you know very quickly if your shaving technique is deficient. You need a good lather and a good technique.

so just had my second shave with the bic chrome platinum de blade and the henson medium de razor

wow what a shave one of my best ever head shaves, the last time i shaved my hair i had at least 2 weeks growth but this time i only had like 2-3 days growth and this combo just cut straight through like butter,

honestly i really rate these blades, very smooth too tempted to get a fair few of these blades lol

really impressed with the bic chrome platinum, how does it compare with the other bhic de blade? think its called astor off the top of my head

Top Bottom