What's new

Beyond meat burgers

I'm a non-vegan red meat eater. I tried one of those A&W non-meat burgers just yesterday. It was excellent. Tasted like a beef burger. The texture is very similar to beef. If you've been avoiding burgers due to the cholesterol in red meat, or you follow a vegan diet, you should try one. I'll buy it again when I'm at A&W.

I have a strict Ron Swanson approach to burgers. There's no burger with no meat.
proxy.php

I ate beef, buffalo, alligator, mixed beef/pork, chicken burgers. All of them qualified as legit.

Anything without meat it is not a burger, it's just some veggies in a bun.
proxy.php

Tried it on sale and liked it but given that it cost more than the beef option I default to the beef. Like the both but not for the extra cost.

I think they are excellent. Probably the closest taste to meat in a veggie burger I have experienced.

Found the patties in a local store, tried them out on the BBQ.

The texture is fine, ate them both. Found a bit of an after taste that lasted a lot longer
than I would have liked but they are better than other types of patties available.

Summer "treat".

try morning star grillers fried in oil (your choice) will give it the texture it needs, a toasted bun, tomato, onion mustard and it hard to tell the difference .

I have problems with vegetarian/vegan products trying to be meat, meat substitutes, just celebrate them for what they are. It's all just food, some you like, some you don't.
dave

Either it is meat, or it is not meat, why label it "Beyond Meat"? There was a place in Tucson, near the university, in the middle 90s that had the best veggie burger. If I remember correctly the place was called Bentley's or something like that.

Top Bottom