What's new

BEWARE of Straight Razors.com I got my answer about the trashed Thiers Issard.

Really sorry to read of your difficulties and really happy that you've been generous enough to share this situation with us.

It doesn't take much in the way of avoidable mistakes to turn me off from a brand or vendor. This makes 2 major vendors, plus T-I and DOVO that I'll be staying away from.
I'll still be open to purchasing the older T-I's and DOVO's.

To me what sucks is that he comes out and tells you that you have unreasonable expectations. Maybe I am naive however I expect a full return policy if I am happy with the unused product. As far as I'm concerned as a vendor you either thoroughly inspected your product before shipping or you ship sealed and accept returns for unsatisfactory condition. As I understand it the seal on the box was broken when u received it? Then he should accept it as an exchange for a satisfactory version of the same razor. With his apologies for wasting your time!

To me what sucks is that he comes out and tells you that you have unreasonable expectations. Maybe I am naive however I expect a full return policy if I am happy with the unused product. As far as I'm concerned as a vendor you either thoroughly inspected your product before shipping or you ship sealed and accept returns for unsatisfactory condition. As I understand it the seal on the box was broken when u received it? Then he should accept it as an exchange for a satisfactory version of the same razor. With his apologies for wasting your time!

Not only did he say that the expectations were unrealistic, but then all but accused him of lying about it, and screwing the razor up himself.

Really sorry, man. That sucks.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
My guess is he's wishing he'd sent that refund right about now.
Regardless of whether or not that's considered "reasonable" from the factory, he handled it very poorly.

Really sorry to read of your difficulties and really happy that you've been generous enough to share this situation with us.

It doesn't take much in the way of avoidable mistakes to turn me off from a brand or vendor. This makes 2 major vendors, plus T-I and DOVO that I'll be staying away from.
I'll still be open to purchasing the older T-I's and DOVO's.

Perhaps you should send him an email containing a link to this thread. Sorry if that seems ugly of me, but I like to let people know that wronging me is not free.

Perhaps you should send him an email containing a link to this thread. Sorry if that seems ugly of me, but I like to let people know that wronging me is not free.

Normally I would agree, but it looks like I am really the fool here. I didn't do my homework here and I know better. I should have checked these guys out before buying. I just did a quick google for reviews of the sight and they are trashed all over the interwebs. I also went back to their site and did a little poking around and noticed that almost all their razors are "Sold Out". It looks like they are dying by their own hand. I can't find a kind word about them, just a lot of "stay away" "avoid the scam artists" etc. Well lesson learned. If the card company can't get my $ back I'm the proud owner of what I got. I will quit whining now and take my medicine like a man.

Sounds like a cash flow issue with that business. I too looked at them a few months ago and saw the same sold out razors and that status hasnt changed. If they have a Yelp page, they can not delete reviews you leave, just fyi, if you wanted to make an issue of it. The issue sounds like you've moved beyond it now, but thanks for sharing with us....I will avoid them as a vendor in the future as well.

I am truly sorry for the bad experience, I have looked at their site many times but never have ordered and most likely won't, especially now !!!

Not wanting to distract the thread, but I googled straigtrazors.com and found a straightrazor.com and a straightrazors.com. Both sites definitely look different, however both carries similar razors AND both have similar wording in their return policies. Just wanted to make sure we talking about the same place.

Now if you had gotten a GD, you would be guaranteed that it will be coming unhoned from Ningbo (although on one of those two sites, I did see where they were selling honed shave ready GD razors.

I have seen a new TI razor like that with uneven hone wear on the spine with a wide middle bevel from the factory. The wear was about the same as your one. Very sharp all the way along the edge hht4-5 out of the box. But the spine was obviously warped and setting a good bevel in the factory resulted in more spine wear than anyone would like on a new razor. I have sent the odd razor and knife back to TI with no problem or questions (gold wash quality issues with the razors) they are a great company to deal with. There are always quality control issues with anything manufactured for sale, even Rolex has issues not to mention Ferraris catching fire. In my opinion high quality items should be near perfect. Your supplier should have taken the razor back and returned it to TI, 5 min work to keep you happy and to promote their customer service and the craftsmanship of TI. Instead they have chosen the opposite road to travel...

Last edited:
Top Bottom