What's new

Betty Crocker Bay Rum Binge Bake-Off - PIF

So my claim of too many soaps went quickly out the window under the pressure the Black Friday weekend as I realized I no longer had a Mike's or a Mystic, or any other for that matter, Bay Rum Soap. Time to try something new and different - So four new soaps and about 8 shaves later I have declared 2 finalists for keeper(s), plus 1 that should never darken your door/den and a very nice scented, good performer that just couldn't beat my top two. The last of these can now be yours, minus a single bite, aka 2 shave scoop with my metal scooping spoon.

I will PIF the puck shown below - of the highly regarded Ogallala Bay Rum Soap to the winner selected by number randomizer On Tuesday Evening Dec 18th at 9 p.m. Eastern Time.
This will allow me to ship out to you Wednesday and hopefully get to your door pre-holiday.

To enter, you need only reply to this thread saying you are in - - while silently promising yourself that you will try your best to avoid at all costs, the Dominica Bay Rum Soap (with due apologies to any fans or true believers out there, LOL) which is nothing like the quality of their legendary now unobtainium aftershave .
IMG_1721.jpg
Thank you B&B and to all a Good Night - and Best of Luck :)

It is a fantastic PIF. Thank you for the opportunity. I am in. I love trying new soaps.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

I'm in!! Great PIF!! Love Bay Rum scents and perfect for Christmas Time (haven't tried Ogallala)!! Great write up, @facetime, but I'm not sure what you meant by "too many soaps"?!?

Not in but out of curiosity, which 2 did you keep?

#1 (partly result of great a/s product also) - PAA Atomic Age; clean, crisp with some longevity and, importantly, wife loved scent.
#2 - very different BR experience and to me quite subtly scented was Long Rifle Bay Rhum; usually for me too much subtlety is a disqualifier but I couldn’t walk away from this one (yet, lol); post-shave skin feel was so great I elected to skip aftershave balm or toner; very pleasantly surprised at overall shave quality as well.
Still believe in goodness of Mike’s and Mystic but, been there done that, wanted to try some new ones.

Not in respectfully.
I was drawn in thinking you were PIFing a bay rum soap made from a Betty Crocker recipe.

Respectfully not in.

But if you like Bay Rum scents, I would recommend trying Stirling. Their BR smells almost just like Pinaud BR to me, and performs excellently without the burn!

Respectfully not in.

But if you like Bay Rum scents, I would recommend trying Stirling. Their BR smells almost just like Pinaud BR to me, and performs excellently without the burn!
Thanks, gave the Stirling a go earlier this year. Not my fave and actually preferred Mystic which I still had at time.

Top Bottom