What's new

Better than a DE? Yes

The simple fact of the matter is that you are correct. For those who know how to wield it properly, a good straight is better than a DE.

I've been using a straight, exclusively, for almost a year. I recently (a couple of months ago) bought a Mergress and a bull mastiff NEW for a couple of reasons: Curiousity and I was finding it a bit of a rush with a straight on some mornings before work so I was going without shaving; and I don't like that. I have to say, I enjoy the DEs a lot and find they provide a very good shave -- I like also running through different blades in the sample pack, etc.

But... I absolutely get a superior shave with a straight. No question. I love them.

I think it probably is a good idea to have a DE lying around for those extra-hungover mornings!

i keep a DE around for a 'just in case' - but even on those hungover mornings, I just do a WTG pass with a straight, and end up with a decent shave. Or even better, because shaves last so much longer with a straight, its normally the next night before i need to shave again.

Since ive started on straights (over a year) the de has had about 3 uses. And i regret each of them - theres just no comparing to a straight.

Top Bottom