What's new

Best witch hazel aftershave balm

Hi folks, I'm after recommendations for a decent witch hazel aftershave balm that has a decent scent to it.

I'm a fan of sandalwood generally and have been using Prorasso or Taylors of Bond Street lotions so far but normal aftershaves combined with my job (Firefighter) mean that my skin is dry a lot and so am looking to switch to a witch hazel based balm rather than alcohol but most of the ones I find seem to have little to no fragrace so I was wondering if anybody had a recommendation for me?

Cheers, G.

I think that's going to be tough because many are oriented towards sensitive skin, where heavy fragrances can be a no-no. Thayer's has a new aftershave balm out that has witch hazel and an aquatic wood scent.

I've bought from this vendor before, it's actually a really good balm, and it does contain witch hazel. The scents aren't strong, though, compared to her splashes. I like the Green Irish Tweed, Sailor's Spice, or Shave-and-a-haircut scents:

Thanks for the replies. I'll have a look into the suggestions.

I don't 'need' witch hazel but I have only recently started using a double edge after not shaving at all for around 15 years and also recently started shaving my head too so still get the odd nick and would like an astringent in the mix.

Nivea sensitive balm has witch hazel in it and is very affordable and widely available. Also Bart’s Balm which is made in Scotland. Zingari man has balms with Witchhazel. Just a few off the top of my head!.

Also, Stirling, Rockwell, Crown Shaving, Midnight & Two, Edwin Jagger. Fairly common, although not sure about the concentration.

Also Nancy Boy. The AS gel is WH-based, and I think the balm has it too. Both excellent products, especially if used while your face is wet.

Check out the Zingari Man balm. I think I’m going to get some myself and I read it absorbs nicely and doesn’t feel too heavy on the face. I think with hazel in a balm is a great idea.

I'd recommend just buying straight up witch hazel and applying that after a shave. Then follow up with a balm of your choice.

Top Bottom