What's new

Best Way to Store Tubos?

Gents--I have a fresh box of Romeo y Julieta No. 2 Tubos and am unsure of the best way to store them:
  • Complete box sealed in humidor?
  • Tubes removed from box and stored in humidor?
  • Cigars removed from Tubes and stored in humidor?
I am assuming there is some air exchange happening and therefore the cigars would dry out eventually if left alone, albeit more slowly than cigars that are not stored in tubes. I should mention that I live in Canada and our winters can be very cold and dry!
I do not want to break the seal on the box if I do not have to, because I hope to sell the cigars. Then I would open the box in the presence of the buyer. But I do need to keep them in the proper conditions until sale.
My apologies if this question has already been answered somewhere else here. I'm new to this area of the B&B forums!
Any suggestions would be most welcome. Many thanks in advance....

Dave,
Personally, I wouldn't do anything except plonk the entire box into a properly set up, humidified, and monitored humidor and forget about them.
I'm unsure of the raw value versus collectibility of RyJ #2 in general, or in tubos specifically. It's just not a "hallmark" cigar to my knowledge. Punch Churchills, Paratagas Lusitanias, Bolivar Gold Medals, Limitadas, RE's, etc.. ok, stash them and either consume or sell them off at a later date. But general release cigars with age typically don't bring amazing sales prices, even from established overseas vendors.
Not intended as a rant, and perhaps more info than you were looking for, sorry! :thumbup:

Thank-you for that. Not received as a rant at all and very interesting. Although I know little about cigars, I have brought home from Cuba each year the maximum allowable amount and sold most at 1.5 to 2x my cost by Christmas. (I've collected a list of buyers over the years) Usually Montecristo No. 2's. Only in the last year have I started putting a few aside for my personal enjoyment!

I only bought the RyJ's because people keep asking for them.

BTW I love your avatar!

Dave,
Well if you have a client list chomping at the bit, more power to ya! Shame about the taxes up your way on cigars. I have a few cigar buddies in the Great White North and from what they tell me it's awful.

Long ashes!
Rob

Top Bottom