What's new

Best way to remove small "skin tags" at home? What works?

Reapplications of iodine or apple cider vinegar or tea-tree oil are the more popular home remedy topicals. A string/dental floss tied around the base is a creative manual way of getting 'em.

Pliers or vice grip. I wonder if rubbing the area with oral-gel, pulling with hemostats, and then clipping it or cutting it would work.

This is a cringy thread. Too much cutting, tying, and bleeding for me! (unless my imagination is overestimating the size/bloodflow)

I'm still fairly young, so the only one I've had was on an eyelid. Given it's location and small size I left it alone for quite some time. One day I looked in the mirror, decided it was just a little too visible, and removed it. I would very much have liked to use tea tree oil or something to that effect, but given the location it wasn't an option. I started with tweezers to pinch the skinny base and then attempted to pluck it right off, but the tweezers kept slipping. Clean fingernails ended up doing what the tool could not. Again, it was very small and there was barely any blood. On a larger one I would have approached things differently (or, more likely, have a dermatologist approach it instead).

I have had great success removing skin tags by tying them off with thread. No pain at all, but I'm sure it depends on the type of abnormality. The easiest were dark ones that protrude. At first they fill with fluid, then slowly deflate and disappear. I've done this for friends with the same result; no complaints. When they don't protrude sufficiently to be tied off with thread, I've just shaved them off. This is what a surgeon does. Just takes a bold approach. I had a physician remove the ones on my back I couldn't reach.

I have used a razor blade with good results. Years ago i was dating a nurse who brought me home a scalpel and that worked best but probably was dumb because it was really really sharp

Top Bottom