What's new

Best Way To Hang Strops? Your Best Idea...

Stores in my room on a wall mounted hammock hook. Clips to towel bar when needed. I use this one with a bent gate as it makes for a wider mouth to clamp on in more places.

View attachment 959425

View attachment 959428

And useful if one needs an escape aid say on or above the 2nd floor bathroom. ;) I also use quality climbing carabiners (about $6 per when on sale @ REI). Not that I need the capacity; they simply function much better than low-grade knock-off versions.

Now that's super bad-***, Vic! :)
Thanks. It took me an embarrassingly long time to come up with such a simple idea. Been thinking about hooks for years now.

A blacksmith that demoed at our conference did a project where he made a different hook every day for a year. I didn't see a single one that said 'strop hook' to me in viewing his collection.

Cool hook.
Not sure how that is mounted but if you can put threads on for screwing to a wall I bet you could sell them for strops. Everyone knows the shape! Love the pivot pin hole too.

I just use one of the small wall hooks with the threads on it. Screwed it into the wood right under tile on sink.

20191021_192956.jpg

I hang them from a ring on the rod in the closet. The kind you hang hangers on.
Then I just open the closet, pick a strop, strop right there in the closet, and walk into the bathroom to shave.

I installed a new hook in order to hang a second strop and use them from a more appropriate height, using a Tracker RaceTrack X 106mm truck, VXB bearings autobahn California 65mm/85A duro/36mm contact wheels, climbing gear, stock bushings, and a Nite-Ize s-biner, lol. The cotton gauze is for removing rouge from blades after using the pasted linen/leather backsides.

DEED7C80-E231-41E7-9E9E-DD6E795703F8.jpeg
2105160E-D322-491F-803D-C374791AC9A6.jpeg
0DC39253-78BA-4C84-BF06-D1521CEBBF53.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom