What's new

Best Way To Hang Strops? Your Best Idea...

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Yea I think not. Dont feel like having a pissed of latina woman next to me. I value my life. Lol.

I have much the same concerns.

proxy.php

When we analyzed my wife's DNA we found a significant amount of Pict which explains a lot.

i pulled a move that made me and the wife both happy lol. i gave her a "hook" for her "hairdryer" .....then i was like "oh look a hook! i could have my strop under your hairdryer!" worked like a charm!

This guy's way ahead of you and me.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Yea I do know as long as I don't have strops over running the place she wont be bad. Though she does think 1 strop is all I need and doesnt understand why someone needs more.

Another factor is not where you hang it, but how high.

Too high and at the outstretch your wrist is at an awkward angle. The toe can lift up or even worse the whole spine can lift.

Give yourself enough rope so the strop is lower down, so the whole thing is about level with your elbow.

That way you will be able to "get on top" of your strop and do a better stropping job, with easy and natural ergonomics.

Another factor is not where you hang it, but how high.

Too high and at the outstretch your wrist is at an awkward angle. The toe can lift up or even worse the whole spine can lift.

Give yourself enough rope so the strop is lower down, so the whole thing is about level with your elbow.

That way you will be able to "get on top" of your strop and do a better stropping job, with easy and natural ergonomics.
I kinda want to do this. But I know how it will end with a 5 and 2 year old around "hey that looks like a good thing I can swing with".
So i place the strop high up and do a upwards and downwards stropping motion, only because of the kids :001_rolle

I've just started with a straight, and after three times I've realized leaving the strop in the bathroom hanging from the towel rack is not a good idea. To easy to get drops of water or towel lint on it when drying my hands or hanging my bath towel.

I've been trying to think of a better place to hang it in the bathroom, but it hadn't occurred to me to hang it in my closet instead! Still might get some clothes lint, but at least it won't get splashed with water or soap.

Top Bottom