What's new

Best way to dry a brush?

Not so. If that were true, Redwood trees couldn't suck water up over 300 feet.

funny thing is capillary action alone is not responsible. Its actually quite complex a process, and still not fully understood.

also for the comment about evaporation, the orientation of the brush has nothing to do with wether or not h20 leaves the liquid phase for gass phase. That depends mostly on the humidity and temperature. I like to use a stand, and let the bristles hang, so as to draw water out from the knot, and provide more surface are for evaporation.

anyways, i digress as long as you get the bulk of the water out with a gentle squezee followed by a good shake, its not going to make much of a difference how it sits. I'd say, go with whatever the manufacturer suggests.

Funny why nobody has been talking about a properly ventilating bathroom :blink: Stand or up side down, if there is moisture, and condensation in the air your brush will not dry properly :crying:

Minimally, the air in your bathroom should be changed twelve times an hour.

Opening a window use a exhaust fan.:
This will help to circulate the air and eliminate unwanted odors and moisture. Also, you should leave the shower curtain or door open after you bathe. This practice will also help to increase needed air circulation.
View attachment 62142
Eelco

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Funny why nobody has been talking about a properly ventilating bathroom :blink: Stand or up side down, if there is moisture, and condensation in the air your brush will not dry properly :crying:

Minimally, the air in your bathroom should be changed twelve times an hour.

Opening a window use a exhaust fan.:
This will help to circulate the air and eliminate unwanted odors and moisture. Also, you should leave the shower curtain or door open after you bathe. This practice will also help to increase needed air circulation.
View attachment 62142
Eelco

That's a gorgeous silver turn back. What model is that if you don't mind....

That's a gorgeous silver turn back. What model is that if you don't mind....

It's a Plisson Travel shaving brush nickeled Pure grey badger hair Size 6.

http://www.rasageplisson.com/epages/161058.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/161058/Products/P955402.6

Travel brush :lol:
View attachment 62173
View attachment 62175
Left Gold Plated Chinese Grey
Right Nickel Plated European Grey
View attachment 62177
Plisson Travel shaving brush aluminium Pure black badger hair (size 6)
Very nice !!!

Eelco

I hang my brush from a piece of cord over my heat-A/C register from the towel bar....the moving air dries it out much faster than sitting on the counter.

Just to toss another wrench in the monkey.:biggrin:

Top Bottom