What's new

Best Vanilla Scent for Men?

I used to own Un Bois Vanille from Serge Lutens. Liked the scent, especially in the winter. But at some point thought "I'm a guy, who do I want to smell like vanilla" and got rid of it.

I like the vanilla in Musc Ravageur. I think Le Male is also lots of vanilla. I think I like vanilla, just not linear vanilla alone that is like a air freshener.

Which vanilla-based scents are best for men?

I haven't tried many, because I'm also not sure if I want to smell like vanilla, but I'll put in the obligatory Tobacco Vanille. I'm not sure if I like the harsh tobacco opening, but the vanilla dry down was very nice. I just ordered another decant of it to make sure, but I think I like it a lot.

My favorite vanilla is the dry down of Eau des Baux by L'Occitane. After the first four or five hours, it is predominantly vanilla with some cypress and frankincense.

Mike

I used to own Un Bois Vanille from Serge Lutens. Liked the scent, especially in the winter. But at some point thought "I'm a guy, who do I want to smell like vanilla" and got rid of it.

I like the vanilla in Musc Ravageur. I think Le Male is also lots of vanilla. I think I like vanilla, just not linear vanilla alone that is like a air freshener.

Which vanilla-based scents are best for men?

I'm not a huge vanilla fan but here goes:

Caron pour un homme - Classic lavender with a deep vanilla drydown. I heard that Caron 3rd man has tonka along with jasmin.
Guerlain Habit Rouge - refined leather and vanilla
Diptyque Eau Duelle - Dry vanilla with a light incense and a little spice.

Did not like eau duelle on sampling.

Tob Vanille too strong and tobacco. Don't like eau de baux

I have ATOH which is like Caron. Big fan.

Abbey rooj smells old. Do not like.

What about PdN vanilla intense or the Molinard vanilla?

My favorite vanilla is the dry down of Eau des Baux by L'Occitane. After the first four or five hours, it is predominantly vanilla with some cypress and frankincense.

Mike

Yeah, that's what I came here to say. Great frag!

Brooks Brother's 1818 is a great vanilla, lasts all day and can be had for less than $50 on sale or at outlet malls. A couple of others that are very inexpensive that I've really enjoyed over the years are Paul Sebastian PS, and Stetson. Stetson got a high rating from Luca Turin/Tania Sanchez in their Perfumes Guide.

I really want to try Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille - it's marketed as a women's frag, so perhaps it may not meet the thread's purpose, but apparently it works really well as a men's frag.

Big fan of vanilla also, but have not found my niche. Enymion? I could not wash Tom Ford off of me fast enough - gave me an intense headache.

tobacco vanille is just too much. one spray clears out the room.

i dont like endymion. another one that induces allergies for some reason. maybe worth revisiting-haven't given it a sniff in a while.

would love to sample sdv - just so damn expensive. will get around to it next time in in chicago

tobacco vanille is just too much. one spray clears out the room.

i dont like endymion. another one that induces allergies for some reason. maybe worth revisiting-haven't given it a sniff in a while.

would love to sample sdv - just so damn expensive. will get around to it next time in in chicago

sdv?

Mike

I have to agree, most vanillas smell too powdery and I thought I hated vanilla but the first time I sprayed Eau des Baux on it instantly made me love smelling like vanilla.

Top Bottom