What's new

Best tasting soaps

So much is said about the best smelling soaps but very little about the best tasting soaps.

Accordingly I’ve spent a little time sampling the ones I have and here are my findings:

1. In general the flavour of tallow based soaps is preferable to vegan ones.

2. Soaps with citrus essential oils taste better than woody ones like sandalwood.

3. MWF especially is very pleasant tasting.

4. Lavender soaps are not.

5. The exception to the rule appears to be Catie’s Bubbles Le Piment De La Vie which although it is neither tallow or citrus I really liked the spicy taste to it.

Anyone else have any favourites?

From the few times I have gotten soap in my mouth accidently, I'll leave this culinary diversion to you. Alum might add just the thing a citrusy tasting soap needs though. :)

Tabac is unquestionably the best tasting soap ever made. I have sent emails requesting that they start making a Tabac flavored toothpaste and mouthwash.

I’d like to see this line of inquiry go back a step, with a poll - how many people are deliberately tasting their soap in the first place?

Tasting soap is something I try to avoid, personally.

This is incredibly unexpected, but these kinds of posts are what help make B&B fun. Can't say I've tasted any of my soaps, nor would it occur to me to try . . . but I'm really interested to see what others write!

I will save some of y’all the suspense, Fine Snake Bite tastes like Mentholatum rub and it will make your mouth go numb.

I love eating soaps, here's a picture of me as a kid!
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Haha, alum does actually taste horrible! I rub my fingers on alum before shaving and sometimes remove soap from my mouth on a finger with alum on by mistake, horrid!

Came for the required Christmas Story meme and scrolled down quite a ways to find one. Slightly disappointed there.

Eating soap (well, tasting rather) as punishment always brought that comical scene to mind. Does anyone recall that Eddie Murphy stand-up routine where his mother would rocket launch her shoes at Eddie and/or his siblings when they misbehaved? That was my mom, too.

Top Bottom