Best talcum powder for men?

Both for after the shave and for "down under"
What do you use?
There are many like
Geo F. Trumper Talcum Powder
Crown Shaving Body Powder
Pinaud Clubman Talc, White
Taylor of Old Bond Street Talc, Mr Taylor

And I guess many more ( I took the list from Westcoastshaving)

So what do you love the most? and are they any difference between them? (smell/protection and such)

I love Gold Bond extra strength because of the cooling effect! it sure wakes you up real good!
Ze cmo carrach al ha baetzim!:thumbup1:

Last edited:
Lea Baby Powder from Spain, only €1,40 a tube, smells clean and fresh and it's about as hypo-allergenic as it gets

I use Clubman, but just because I was able to pick it up from Sallys on a whim. It seems to work well and definitely brings that barbershop scent.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Gold Bond is good if you like how it feels.

Dr. Scholl's Mexsana got me through a long, hot Summer like a champ when I had a couple of daily long, hot walks in a suit and tie from my building to my superheated car.

Johnson & Johnson baby powder is the best if you don't want to worry about much of anything, also.

I've never worried too much about Clubman or others with much of a scent when I concerned about "down under," so to speak. Seems a little odd.

Lea Baby Powder from Spain, only €1,40 a tube, smells clean and fresh and it's about as hypo-allergenic as it gets
$20160709_092115.jpg$20160709_092132.jpg

I love talcum powder and use a lot of it. Here are my observations.

Gold Bond regular and extra medicated: Great stuff if you love the menthol. Great for heat and humidity.

Pinaud White: Great scent! Big problem though, even the white has a slight pink tint that discolors white underwear. I only use this as aftershave.

Jeris White: Great scent similar to Pinaud, but not as strong. There is NO pink tint. Good stuff.

Pinaud Bath Talc: Great Pinaud scent maybe slightly less intense but no pink tint and an added deodorant that works great!

Imperial leather bath talc: Great light scent and good talc. Hard to get except eBay.

All of the above are my every day use talcs.

Avon talcs: Nice scents and reasonable. Special occasion talc.

Yardley Talcs: Really nice assortment of scents. Very high quality talc. Special occasion talc.

For shaving: Pinaud makes tints but the white is tinted enough for me to use. Better yet, get some vintage Old Spice shave talc for shaving. It's great for that purpose and easy to get on eBay.

Paying a lot for talc is really paying for the scent or name. I guess if you really want a scent then it's worth it, but I have found anything I wanted in the above. They are all quite affordable.

Best Wishes

I use Clubman talc, Imperial Leather, and Mysore Sandal talc. All are good. As some have mentioned, the original Pinaud Clubman has a pink tint to it, but I don't worry too much about it since I don't typically have white underwear. I like TOBS Mr. Taylor too....but the tin is small. Same for Caswell Massey.

I think they're all pretty much the same. Just if you want the cooling effect, get Gold Bond or look for menthol in the ingredient list.

This one hasn't been mentioned. Works great, not too expensive and available all over. Calamine powder has the added benefit of encouraging healing if there is a little skin breakdown. Obviously a "down under" product.
$image.jpeg

I can recommend Felce Azzurra and Robert's Borotalco. I like the latter a bit better because its less scented and comes in a big metal tin but both are good and reasonably priced (here in Oz at least).

This one hasn't been mentioned. Works great, not too expensive and available all over. Calamine powder has the added benefit of encouraging healing if there is a little skin breakdown. Obviously a "down under" product.
View attachment 672463

Hmm, I must look that one up - I can suffer from a bit of the old crack itch in summer...

Penhaligon's English Fern is my absolute favorite, and although it has been discontinued, I have an ample stockpile.
$image.jpeg
Otherwise, I often use Pinaud Clubman, Pinaud Bath, Imperial Leather, and Borotalco. Excellent products.

A guy walks into a department store and asks the clerk for talcum powder.

"Super", the clerk replied, "just walk this way".

The customer retorted, "If I could walk that way I wouldn't need any talcum powder".

Top Bottom