What's new

Best synthetic, $ no object?

If money is no object, what's the best synthetic out there now? Want to add to my synthetic collection, which recently started with this beauty:

YAQI R1732 FERRARI
IMG_8944.JPG IMG_8945.JPG

TurnNShave Quatermoon and CravingShaving Duro. Unfortunately Duro is not longer available
Forgot to add Yaqi Timberwolf

Last edited:
Muhle Silvertip Fibre V2. Great balance between softness and backbone. Grood lathers with minimal product.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've tried a bunch of them, the best by far is the Chubby 2, also the most expensive. The Shavemac is pretty good as well. Of all I've purchased I have retained those two, plus a Plisson, an AP Shave Co Synbad "Extra Dense" and an old MadeRite 1000 that I installed one of Maggard's knots into. I've sold away synths from Yaqi, Phoenix Shaving, Muhle, Razorock and Omega, off the top of my head, there probably were others, so I have tried :001_rolle

To me, unlike the badgers, synths are cheap, and generally unloveable appliances that are easy to let travel on down the road. But that Chubby 2 rocks.

i'm sincerely a razorock big bruce fan. i love the shape of the handle and the brush is a lather monster. still looks like new after daily use for numerous months.

I really like my Muhle Silvertip Fibre brush. A close second for me is PAA Atomic Rocket or RR Big Bruce (i have both)and they’re only $14.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I like the Duro knot and the FS
Have not tried the Shavemac or the Muhle
Milton has a Silvertip synthetic knot that is really nice too.

I like the Duro knot and the FS
Have not tried the Shavemac or the Muhle
Milton has a Silvertip synthetic knot that is really nice too.
I have Silvertip synthetic from Milton and while it is synthetic it behaves like a badger which needs to be broken in and tips aren't soft as Duro, Quartermoon or Yaqi Timberwolf

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I have Silvertip synthetic from Milton and while it is synthetic it behaves like a badger which needs to be broken in and tips aren't soft as Duro, Quartermoon or Yaqi Timberwolf

I think I have the quarter moon also , I purchased a few knots from him for the brushes I have made for the charity auction next month. I do like the Duro knots a lot best $ 5 I have ever spent on a knot.

Top Bottom