What's new

Best Summer Shave Combos

This time of year I break out the Trumper's Limes - cream, skin food, and cologne. Puts me in a great mood every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the summer, I tend to use more soaps, creams, and aftershaves containing menthol. However, if I still use my more "winter" scented products as well.

I've started noticing that I prefer or appreciate certain soaps/aftershaves more during certain times of the year. For instance, I enjoy something with menthol, quite a bit more during the summer. And I dig Sandalwood more during the winter.

Since we're heading into June and I was looking to buy a few soap/aftershave combos, I was curious what everyone else enjoyed during the summer.

-Happy Shaving
Margaritas in the Arctic from Stirling, scent, performance, price....spectacular. Perfect amount of menthol. The matching everything they have makes it even better, I like the MITA witch hazel too

Non menthol choices, Blenheim Bouquet from Pen's is a favorite, Neumann Signature 1907 is a summer ish scent and cream is ridiculously underrated, Piacenza, Lime and Sandpiper from Stirling are great summer scents.

Last edited:
Go to Walmart or wherever and grab a bottle of right guard chill body wash then shave with proraso green followed by a big dose of Brut or aqua velva. Lucky Tiger vanishing cream is a huge bonus if you have it on hand. Your whole body will feel like an ice cube for a bit.

Florida Water is an essential summer time aftershave for me. I like the Bay Rum scents, lots of citrus and menthol products.

I've been hearing a lot of people mentioning Florida Water and Lucky Tiger, two that I don't have already. Can someone describe each scent so I can decide if they are for me? My current faves are Fine American Blend, Aqua Velva Ice Blue, Pinaud Lime Sec and my all time fave is Pinaud Clubman.

I've been hearing a lot of people mentioning Florida Water and Lucky Tiger, two that I don't have already. Can someone describe each scent so I can decide if they are for me? My current faves are Fine American Blend, Aqua Velva Ice Blue, Pinaud Lime Sec and my all time fave is Pinaud Clubman.
I can't speak for Florida water as I've never tried it but if your referring to lucky tiger vanishing cream I can. It is like a tub of paste and a little goes a long way so one container should last years. As far as smell goes it's a little minty with a menthol kick but the smell fades fast so if you wanna put on after shave after which is what I do it's not a problem. I shaved after I umpired a game last week and then rubbed this all over my whole face and whoa! Awesome! If your an AV fan this stuff mixes great with it and in fact I mixed up a bottle of the two 50/50 and came up with my own balm which is fantastic.

Hot, humid summer night. Late night run. Quick outdoor shower to get the dirt and sweat off before jumping in the pool. Gentle stretch for a half hour or so, float on my back for a bit, looking up at the stars, breathing through my eyes as Nuke LaLoosh might say. Then a warm shower, and a shave with Ingram or Italian Palmolive menthol cream. Towel off, a small splash of witch hazel, then Osage all over my scalp, face, and neck (and I have a full head of hair). A little Barbasol Brisk for the scent, and then sprawl out on the bed under the gentle spin of the ceiling fan.

Lucky Tiger AS splash is intensely citrus: Orange, lemon, grapefruit. Some floral notes compliment the citrus. It's an absolute blast of refreshing and invigorating scents. Unfortunately the scent disappears in about 30 seconds. I mean utterly disappears with no trace. But there's a ton of good stuff in there for your skin, and it's very soothing after a shave.

Lucky Tiger AS splash is intensely citrus: Orange, lemon, grapefruit. Some floral notes compliment the citrus. It's an absolute blast of refreshing and invigorating scents. Unfortunately the scent disappears in about 30 seconds. I mean utterly disappears with no trace. But there's a ton of good stuff in there for your skin, and it's very soothing after a shave.

Thanks. That was what I was looking for. Sounds like I'm going to have to try it. How about Florida Water?

Proraso green is a nice for a bit of menthol. I'll get another menthol soap soon.

I like the aqua velva ice blue and like it.

At night if I go out I wear an actual cologne and just use witch hazel and a balm or something.

Proraso white, then Fine Italian Citrus or Lime Bay Rum....with a bit of menthol added.
Still trying to decide if Clubman Musk is a summer scent or not.

Stirling Margaritas In The Arctic,
Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill,
Stirling Obsidian (not a huge fan of black liquorice but I enjoy this soap),
Castle Forbes Lime,
Arko,

Top Bottom