What's new

Best 'Starter' Handgun?

Yup. I also don't think the trigger pull is heavy. Shoot didn't they offer the "New York Trigger" or spring to make it heavier? Every revolver I have fired, out side of the plinking calibers, has had a substantially heavy trigger pull than any Glock I have fired.

Yes, there are various glock triggers available that modify from as light as (I think) 3 pounds up to 12 or 15 pounds (the New York triggers, named ofter the NYPD which required them to reduce NDs). Certainly a heavy trigger makes NDs less likely (though proper trigger finger discipline makes them nearly impossible regardless of trigger weight), but also reduces accuracy. Each gun owner should find the proper balance for their needs. For my carry gun I like about 7 pounds with a rather long pull.

Thank you slagle. I challenge anyone to **** an unloaded Glock, pull the trigger once, and pull it again and see what happens. NO CLICK, it is not a double action pistol!

You are welcome.

Yup. I also don't think the trigger pull is heavy. Shoot didn't they offer the "New York Trigger" or spring to make it heavier? Every revolver I have fired, out side of the plinking calibers, has had a substantially heavy trigger pull than any Glock I have fired.

You are correct the trigger pull is very light (feels similar to a nice Single Action). Yes there were two variations of the "New York Trigger" and both were a result of the factory Glock trigger being too light according to the state of New York (in reference to peace officer use). Actually the New York trigger is nice. While it does slightly increase the trigger pull it also smooths it out and gives it a very nice feel.

Top Bottom