What's new

Best soft cream you’ve tried?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Cyril R Salter. If you buy from the UK it's about $12.00 US for a 165g. Connaught from the UK beats most US vendors on shipping rates if you opt for untracked. If you buy from the US it starts at $15.00 and up. It has a nice rich lather that is very slick. The scents are true, unlike TOBS, and all of their scents bloom out when lathered. The French Vetiver is to die for, and some say to die from. It's not for the weak of heart. I do find it the best Vetiver scent right alongside MdC Vetyver. Both are true scents. Here is what I'm currently using this week:
010_20.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Cyril R Salter. If you buy from the UK it's about $12.00 US for a 165g. Connaught from the UK beats most US vendors on shipping rates if you opt for untracked. If you buy from the US it starts at $15.00 and up. It has a nice rich lather that is very slick. The scents are true, unlike TOBS, and all of their scents bloom out when lathered. The French Vetiver is to die for, and some say to die from. It's not for the weak of heart. I do find it the best Vetiver scent right alongside MdC Vetyver. Both are true scents. Here is what I'm currently using this week:
View attachment 1106089
Another vote for the Cyril R Salter creams. Excellent and not horribly expensive.

I also like La Toja cream very much.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
View attachment 1106089

I have actually been using this exact cream and scent for a while. It’s a great cream but on the “croap” side.

I need to get another jar of AoS Sandalwood sometime also, finished some off years ago and miss that scent.

I also have been curious to try the Salter Vetiver.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Adam, of course I agree 100% with your choice. The only reason why I did not mention Cella Extra Extra Bio in my previous post above is because I'm not sure I'd consider it a traditional "soft cream", as requested by the OP. Actually, as most Italian products, it falls in the hard cream or soft soap category.

Anyway, whatever we consider it, Cella Extra Extra Bio is AMAZING and I'm very glad to hear you like it! :thumbup1:

Hello Marco,

I just received some Cella Bio today. Didn’t realize I was getting a fairly small jar. I’ll give it a first shave tonight and I think you’ll approve of my choice to use my Chubby 1 Super for its first shave as it should load quite nicely from this little jar!

La Toja cream is next on my list. Have actually never tried their soap stick either.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I have actually been using this exact cream and scent for a while. It’s a great cream but on the “croap” side.

I need to get another jar of AoS Sandalwood sometime also, finished some off years ago and miss that scent.

I also have been curious to try the Salter Vetiver.
If it's on the croap side it must be old. It's a proper British cream like TOBS creams and very, very soft

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Hello Marco,

I just received some Cella Bio today. Didn’t realize I was getting a fairly small jar. I’ll give it a first shave tonight and I think you’ll approve of my choice to use my Chubby 1 Super for its first shave as it should load quite nicely from this little jar!

La Toja cream is next on my list. Have actually never tried their soap stick either.

Excellent choice on all the products you listed above, Sir!

La Toja? Yes, both the Classic cream (red tube) and the soap stick.

Please, report back your thoughts. :)

I'm more of a soap guy but I use creams too and have tried most of them all across the price range up to the vaunted Xpec and the best performing creams I've ever used, as good in every aspect for me as all but the very best soaps, are the long discontinued but still available Coates creams and the no longer available C&E Sweet Almond Oil.

So far my favourite shaving cremes are
1.TOBS Jeremyn Street
2. Edwin jagger pomegranate creme
3.proraso white

And last but not least Razorock XXX which actually a soap but its almost as soft as a creme..very good stuff with a wonderful scent to it

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I spent the past 6 months almost exclusively using a tin of the now discontinued Simpson's Luxury unscented. It is just about finished as of the day before yesterday. There's still a bit in there that I can scrape out and put in a bowl or mug for 1, maybe 2 more shaves. My face has never felt better. The past 2 days I've used Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, itself an excellent product, but after 6 months of daily use I can tell that it doesn't come close to the Simpson's Luxury in performance or in skin care.

My other soft cream faves are Palmindaya from Brazil, and JM Fraser's from Ontario. Palmindaya is a heavily mentholated cream created by an Italian emigrant barber in Brazil and JM Fraser's, while having a forgettable yet inoffensive industrial cleaner type of citrus scent creates a lather second to none.

Last edited:
I highly recommend Geo F Trumper cream. I have Spanish Leather in a tube, and it's my top performing cream (or soap) that I've used. It also comes in a tub. The performance and scent are outstanding. Very slick and moisturizing. I also have Proraso Green- a solid performer.

Haul 20 4 6.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Got a tub of this for Fathers day. The smell is absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to use it!

It's a good performer too! Lather is abundant...plenty slick and protecting. I love this stuff. I bought their coconut and it's good too...but the scent of that grapefruit is like...Wow!

Top Bottom