What's new

Best soap scent ever.

Of course this is just my opinion but I just used Mystic Water Bay Rum soap and the scent just smells so good. This is not the first time I have used it but it still blows me away at how pleasant the scent is.
Of course performance is more important and it definitely shines there also. This is a top performing soap. I prefer using the stick over a puck but both work great. I find I can use less soap than other soaps and get as much lather.
This is the best Bay Rum soap I have ever used and the best scent for a soap period. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend you do.

View attachment 1029565
View attachment 1029566
+1. Love Bay Rum scent!

I doubt many will agree, but mine is Arko.
Is everything ok at home, @FarmerTan? 🤪 (tongue in cheek)

Do yourself a favor, if you havent yet.

View attachment 1029628

I think its a true Sandalwood scent, I get no other notes from it and it lingers a long time. Performance is top shelf for me.

Captain's Choice Sandalwood is intoxicating. It's a fairly strong Sandalwood scent but it has a smokey, smouldering note to it like an incense might and it lingers very well too. Performance is every bit as good as P&B and maybe better. Scott, of Captains Choice, makes a very nice shave cream. Add a tub of CC North if you make an order. It smells like the Canadian wilderness in October.

View attachment 1029630

+1 on CC Sandalwood. It’s a delicious scent and well performing soap.

Mystic Water soaps have been on my radar a while now. I dont have a nice Bay Rum so I'll keep it in mind when I'm ready to start looking to fill that slot.
MWS is very underrated.

One key to using it, though, is not to add a bunch of water at the beginning. Add slowly... and boy the slickness on this soap is top-notch.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Michelle at Mystic Water is one of the best at making great scents. All of her soap scents are nice, well balanced, and about the perfect strength. You can't go wrong with any of them.
Just pick one that sounds appealing to you and you are sure to be happy with it.

I'm a huge fan of her Rosalimone scent. It's just beautiful.

I've enjoyed many mystic water scents but the bay rum was a hair too candle-like for me. I really like her sweet briar and gingered cranberry pear.

My favorite scents of any soap so far out of about 50ish have been grooming dept kulfi and b&m lavanille (also nuavia blu but that's a cream 😬)

PAA Dapper Docs is a nosegasm.
I also really like Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum because of the lack of clove, which usually overwhelms BR scents.

I have many, most of them from APR, maybe general ledger, ozyandias or fenchurch?. I like a lot By Luna L.E. Foroafeitado. It is a bergamot and wood scents. I tend to love bergamot + woody scents, on th eline of what I consider a barbershop scent

Michelle at Mystic Water is one of the best at making great scents. All of her soap scents are nice, well balanced, and about the perfect strength. You can't go wrong with any of them.
Just pick one that sounds appealing to you and you are sure to be happy with it.

Yes she does make great scents. I also love Mystic Water Orange Vanilla. Nothing quite like it.

Do yourself a favor, if you havent yet.

View attachment 1029628

I think its a true Sandalwood scent, I get no other notes from it and it lingers a long time. Performance is top shelf for me.

Captain's Choice Sandalwood is intoxicating. It's a fairly strong Sandalwood scent but it has a smokey, smouldering note to it like an incense might and it lingers very well too. Performance is every bit as good as P&B and maybe better. Scott, of Captains Choice, makes a very nice shave cream. Add a tub of CC North if you make an order. It smells like the Canadian wilderness in October.

View attachment 1029630
I agree and join the Sandalwood lovers. My wife loves it too!
Another pleasant and enjoyable scent is Ogallala Bay Rum with Orange.
Happy shaving!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
MWS is very underrated.

One key to using it, though, is not to add a bunch of water at the beginning. Add slowly... and boy the slickness on this soap is top-notch.

I could use your words in describing Mama Bears soaps. Mama Bears is one of the slickest soaps I've used and right up there with the best I have used. It lathers more like PdP than any other soap I've used. Its a light, pearlescent lather the same as PdP and not as thick and rich as WK DM, CRS or Wickham 1912 but it is incredibly slick. I used Dawn dish soap for a shave a while back. That was without a doubt the slickest shave I've ever had. Mama Bears is almost as slick as Dawn and smells much nicer haha.

CRS and Wickham 1912 are both very slick too and sure arent afraid of water. I havent broken a lather with either one and I like my lather thin.

Top Bottom